Permutation thumbnails in shopping cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permutation thumbnails in shopping cart

I am very very new to all of this, having only been using Actinic since mid March, but have managed to (almost) complete our website which I hope will go live within the next few days…and would love to solve this problem first.

Our website will sell flat roofing supplies to the trade, and consequently we have many products with different variations/choices for our customers, which have of course involved many permutations.

I followed the steps in the advanced guide to the letter for adding thumbnails to the shopping cart and duly added all the thumbnails to each product (and each permutation choice, for good measure), and everything worked great…until I tested the products with permutations. Nothing. No thumbnail appears on those order lines at all.

I have searched the knowledgebase and found a reference to the same problem, but there was only mention of its existence not what was causing it or how to fix it.

I can show the thumbnail from the main product if I de-select the ‘no order line for main product’ option, but I do want to do this as it places too much repeat info, no detail and looks odd in the shopping cart and order.

Is there anyway I can get around this? Does anyone know how I can force Actinic to use the original thumbnail from the main product or even from the ‘hidden’ permutation choice? I am using Actinic Business version 8.5.1 and the Contemporary Theme.

Any help would be very gratefully received, many thanks in advance.
    Gill

Can we have a url to see the site? the source code and look of the site can often help us solve many problems. Without it, it is very hard for us to picture a problem.

Comment

Test site URL

No problem - it is still in test mode at the moment, so the URL is

[URL="http://www.ezroof.co.uk/acatalog/test/index.html"]

Either check outlets / aluminium outlets / tools or P.P.E. and any of the gloves. Roof lights are still being worked on, but will show the main product detail so should be okay.

many thanks for the quick reply

Comment

Can you confirm what version of actinic you are using? As in 8.02 etc. If you are not using the latest version, can you upgrade and then test as it was a known bug in older V8 versions that thumbnails didn't work.

You want version 8.5.1, download the full version and not the patch.

Comment

Actinic Version...

I'm using version 8.5.1.0.0.0 HERA - which I loaded from a file called 'Patch851HERA' is that the correct version?? I downloaded on 12th May.

Comment

Ooops...

sorry just realised you said 'not the patch' and I obviously installed the patch, duh

I'll check and download the proper version tomorrow and give it a go.

...my only excuse is that it is very late

Comment

You should be fine on that version, ideally you always want to download the full version instead of the patch, just make sure you do this in the future for the least problems.

As for your problem, when i add a product with no extras, i get no thumbnail. When i add a product with some extras, i get a thumbnail for the main product, but not the extras.

How have you defined images for the permutations? any chance of a screenshot? It's late and i may well be going mad, but for the life of me i cannot see how you have added images against the permutations.

Comment

Permutation screen dumps...

On the products with no permutation, my images show beside the product description in the shopping cart and everything is fine.

On the products with permutations – roof lights for example, which has a number of choices – where I only need to show the image from the main product i.e a roof light and not the components i.e. linear drive, glazing etc. this also works fine.

The settings for the main product (screen dump 1) and the settings for the components (screen dump2), and the Shopping cart (screen dump 3) are attached.

My problem occurs when I have a product with permutations where I do not need the info from the main product i.e. Hand Tools/Linoleum Shears.

On the main product I select ‘No Order Line from Main Product’ (screen dump 4) and instead select ‘Component as Separate Order Line’ (screen dump 5). When this item is chosen and added to the shopping cart, the order line is exactly as I want, but the linoleum shears image does not appear, which is not want I want!

The problem appears to be connected to my selection of the ‘No Order Line from Main Product’. But how can I fix this and force Actinic to still use the image from the main product?
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X