Newsletter Subscription Box on Actinic Catalogue front page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newsletter Subscription Box on Actinic Catalogue front page

I am wondering if someone can help me. I have subscribed to a mailig list solution, Your Mailinglist Provider at www.ymlp.com and I want to add the code they supply (below) to the front page of my website www.KnickersRus.com so customers or potential customers can register for our mailing list. I would like to put the box either on the left below the menu options (under login option on left ) or on the right under the photo. Can anyone tell me how I do this and where in actinic V8, for my KnickersRus website.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Gary Hepburn
    www.KnickersRus.com

here is the code they supply
    <form method=post action=http://www.ymlp.com/subscribe.php?knickersrus>
    <table border=0>
    <tr>
    <td colspan=2>Fill out your e-mail address <br> to receive our newsletter!</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>E-mail address:</td>
    <td><input type="text" name="YMLP0" size="20"></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>First name:</td>
    <td><input type="text" name="YMLP1" size="20"></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Last name:</td>
    <td><input type="text" name="YMLP2" size="20"></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Country:</td>
    <td><input type="text" name="YMLP3" size="20"></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Age:</td>
    <td><input type="text" name="YMLP4" size="20"></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan=2>
    <input type="radio" name="action" value="subscribe" checked> Subscribe<input type="radio" name="action" value="unsubscribe"> Unsubscribe</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan=2><input type="submit" value="Submit"></td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </form>

DO a SNAPSHOT NOW

Using the design panel locate where you want to place the form and simply paste the code in. If you get it wrong press the undo button or import the snapshot - it will take a bit of trial and error if its your first time using the design view

Comment

Malcolm, thanks for this, how do I get the positioning on teh page correct, do i need to put some sort of coordinates in, or will it follow on from eth last item?

Gary

Comment

the positioning will happen depending on where abouts within the code you add your code. you can position using css but in this case i doubt it you need to.

Try it out by just adding the word "here" to the layout until you get the position right.

I spend a few hours last night putting together a wordpress site, this is all PHP driven, i used this trick of "here" to locate where certain bits of code were I needed to remove. My PHP skills are negligable.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook

Try it out by just adding the word "here" to the layout until you get the position right.
          I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does that!! (although my words of choice usually depend on my mood )
          Tracey

Comment

Working...
          X