Saving images for v8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving images for v8

I've created an images folder within the Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\Site1 folder. All test site images are saved, and referenced from there. On saving a snapshot Actinic decides...

"While Actinic was generating your store pages, it found that some of your layouts contain links to files that Actinic cannot find on your computer. This is usually because you have set up a link to work at your website, but the link won't work in preview mode.

Usually, you can ignore this message and the store will work fine - but it is worth doing a thorough check of all the links and images on your site, to ensure that everything is working correctly."

On importing said snapshot the images are not imported, even after updating the file path to the `bad boys` (allegedly) outwith (they're not really) the Site 1 folder. Heres the problem images (according to Catalog after importing the snapshit) that are `outwith` the catalog folders...

C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\Site1\flag im\flagheavenlogo2.jpg
    C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\Site1\flag im\rugbyworldcup2007.jpg
    C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\Site1\flag im\flagheavenlogo.jpg

PC is XP SP2, the forum searches I did seem to suggest it is a problem, or at least there is a similar problem, with Vista.

Hopefully I've missed something obvious.
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

do you actually have your site1 folder stored at that filepath?
    daft question, I know..but by default V8 saves the Actinic 8 site folders in My Documents.

Unless you changed it, of course...in which case, ignore me
    Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
      do you actually have your site1 folder stored at that filepath?
      Thats the filepath(s) generated by the snapshot process, which is where the images are actually located...

I was just really following the (once) golden rule of saving stuff in the site one folder.
      Football Heaven

Comment

Trace, whats the folders (within My Documents) actually called?
        Football Heaven

Comment

My full filepath to the Site1 folder is

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Actinic v8\Sites\Site1

Edited to say...the "Owner" part of that filepath wil obviously depend on how your users are set up on your system
          Tracey

Comment

Perfect answer Tracey, thats very much.

It does make me wonder why there is a site1 folder within the Actinic v8 folder though (for loading the default if needed perhaps?), but never mind.

Image paths adjusted, snapshot imported, uploaded and despite a wee warning thingy it appears to be working fine, all images uploaded anyway.

Its all good. Danke.
            Football Heaven

Comment

Originally posted by george
              It does make me wonder why there is a site1 folder within the Actinic v8 folder though (for loading the default if needed perhaps?), but never mind.
              If you mean in the Program files filepath, I don't have a site1 folder in my Actinic 8 folder in there so I dunno!

Its all good. Danke.
              I have my uses
              Tracey

Comment

If you mean in the Program files filepath, I don't have a site1 folder in my Actinic 8 folder in there so I dunno!
                Hmmm. I wonder if my Site1 folder within v8 is lurking from an earlier version (and since uninstalled) of v8?

I have my uses
                Football Heaven

Comment

Im assuming you have just upgraded to or are using 8.5.1 - since time began we have all saved our images in site1 but since 8.5.1 this has now changed to My Documents to cope with Vista. This caught me out as well so now you need to save your images in the Actinic V8 folder you will find in My Documents - treat it just like we used to treat the Site1 folder.

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                    Im assuming you have just upgraded to or are using 8.5.1 - since time began we have all saved our images in site1 but since 8.5.1 this has now changed to My Documents to cope with Vista. This caught me out as well so now you need to save your images in the Actinic V8 folder you will find in My Documents - treat it just like we used to treat the Site1 folder.
                    Just experimenting with a test site at the moment, which will hopefully go live in a few days depending on how quick the `upgrade to v8` goes through at Actinic. The sales person said `i can do it for you now` a few weeks ago, I declined at the time then phoned to upgrade today and told it would be 7-10 days.

Seems like a major decision to shift the site1 folder though, many more people will be `caught` with this issue.
                    Football Heaven

Comment

Seems like a major decision to shift the site1 folder though, many more people will be `caught` with this issue
                      Barking Mad is my view - whos bright idea was that one.

Comment

Seems like a major decision to shift the site1 folder though, many more people will be `caught` with this issue.
                        It should come up with a big red bloody banner telling you when you install/upgrade so you know where to look!

I had to do a file search to find it LOL
                        Luckily though, I didn't have any sort of site1 folder in my program files>Actinic8 (having never had any other installation of V8 prior to V8.5.1) so I wasn't fooled by a decoy!

Easiest way to see which site1 is updating would be by the dates on the files, I would have thought.
                        Tracey

Comment

Easiest way to see which site1 is updating would be by the dates on the files, I would have thought.
                          Yep, the folder is surviving from an earlier instalation of v8. (Created on 3rd of May, three weeks before my current instalation of v8.5.1).

I'm just imagining the developer peeps going... "just when we thought it was safe..."

I sympathise folks, I really do. *no smiley suitable*
                          Football Heaven

Comment

Hi all

There's a description of this sites folder change online now at http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=30219.

Sorry this wasn't put online sooner.

Comment

Working...
                            X