De-bugging Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

De-bugging Errors

I've got the following error appearing when I snapshot my site out. Can anyone tell me how I can locate and mend the problem? I can't find anything within the template I'm using (my own from DW) which specifies a link to my Program Files.

Errors
    (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 456) - The file C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\Luty\SiteHTML\ was not found System error 3 - The system cannot find the path specified.

Hi

Is this the complete error message that comes up or have you let out anything because it seems incomplete. If that is all you get I would suggest that you compact the databases through HouseKeeping | Compact Databases and see if that helps.

Kind regards
    Kiran Chandran
    Technical Support - SellerDeck
    http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/

Further help can also be found at http://community.sellerdeck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Comment

Strangely enough, I just done a Google search on this and it gave me this thread that was posted a few weeks back - page 4 I think mentions it

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=29651

Comment

I tired compacting the database but I still get the following message... in full.

Errors
        (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 456) - The file C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\Luty\SiteHTML\ was not found System error 3 - The system cannot find the path specified.

Comment

2 questions

Does
          C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\Luty\SiteHTML\
          exsist on your PC?

Where is your site1 located?

this error could be a knock on effect of the change in 8.5.1 allowing data to be held in a different folder to the programfile.

When i experinced the same problem i had to amend path names within catalog as I had paths pointing to non -exsistant folders as I had moved stuff around.

Comment

Yes the following does exist on my computer. I'm using Developer so I have a few sites within version 8, I use site1 to test and try out things.

C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\Luty\SiteHTML\

i had to amend path names within catalog
            Could you please explain how you went about amending this issue?

Comment

Hi

Have you had any joy with this issue is it still occuring, if it still is, all I can suggest is that you recheck your layouts and products/sections etc to see if there might be any dead links. Try exporting a .csv file of your catalog through File | Export and see if you can see anything through there.

Kind Regards
              Kiran Chandran

Further help can also be found at http://community.sellerdeck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Comment

I have the same issue when I try to snapshot a customer's site. v8.5.1 HERA on XP SP2.

This is the same site that Lara Clark was looking at last week for the ShowPopUp link error.

When I examine the snapshot file, it DOES include .\catalog_site\sitehtml\ so it's obviously an errant hard coded reference to the literal SiteHTML producing a bogus error message.
                Bill
                www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Kiran,

I have tried exporting the csv file and did a search for SiteHTML but nothing appeared...however I have just noticed that in the folders PreviewHTML and SiteHTML there is reference to file:///C:/Program Files/Actinic v8/Sites/Luty/ but when I remove or delete these files they come back again with the error. How do I permently remove the incorrect link?

Comment

Hi

If as you say the files are getting generated over and over again then they must be being generated by Actinic, so again I would suggest that you check your sections/products/fragments etc to see if there are any links that might be generating these. Insipte of this if the problem still occurs please raise a query with support so someone can get hold of a snapshot and check.

Kind Regards
                    Kiran Chandran

Comment

Bruce is looking into this for me. By the look of things Actinic Developers will need to look into this.

I'm not keen on Actinic 8!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by smudgie
                        Bruce is looking into this for me. By the look of things Actinic Developers will need to look into this.

I'm not keen on Actinic 8!!!!
                        Hi,

As there been any resolution on this as I have exactly the same issue after upgrading to 8.5.2.

The directory is there (where the error says it can't find it); I code straight in Actinic (so don't use anything like DW externally); I can't find a reference to this path in any of the layouts.

As the directory is actually there, I wonder if it's a file within that directory that it can't find instead and the error message is wrong?
                        OXLink Web Design (Oxford)
                        Actinic developers since version 3
                        01865 361696

Comment

Fixed

It was indeed another unhelpful Actinic error message (at least in my case). Nothing to do with the location of the SiteHTML directory at all but rather, as I suspected, a missing file within that directory.

It appears that the bounce page had been given the ID of 42 in the Page Types table (rather than the previous ID of 26) after I upgraded to 8.5.2 and was hence no longer being created. I simply changed this in Access and all is now well.

If anyone else is also getting this problem then I suggest checking that bounce.html exists. If not, then it's a fair bet that you've got the same issue.

Angi (different login ID)

Comment

Working...
                          X