Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

email addresses in t and c section

Hi.

Can anyonetell me please how to stop email addresses appearing like this: rob [at] houseofcolourscoatings [dot] co [dot] uk
    when put into the business settings?

Thanks
    Buzz

Remove the email field in the about us tab on the Terms & Conditions page within business settings.

Comment

email links

thanks for that, have managed to make it look normal but it is not active as a hyper link! Any suggestions?

Cheers

Comment

To make it live, you will need to embed the html into that area so actinic knows to process it as html. Currently it is just treated as text. Actinic embed markers are:

!!< insert code here >!!

Comment

to be honest you don't want it as a clickable link you should direct everyone to your contact form

By having a clickable link you open yourself up to spammers, for every 1000 emails received on the address you make clickable 999 will be spam. This is the reason by actinic by default displays as rob [at] houseofcolourscoatings [dot] co [dot] uk to stop the address being a spam target.

Comment

I agree with Jo.

Comment

thanks

I have to say, I hadn't thought of the spam issue and with the amount we get right now, the last thing I want is more. Thank yo both for your suggestions which have proved to be very helpful.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz Lightbulb
                I have to say, I hadn't thought of the spam issue and with the amount we get right now, the last thing I want is more. Thank yo both for your suggestions which have proved to be very helpful.

Cheers
                You could always create an image with your email address on it and !!<<a href>it to your contact form?</a>>!! thus your goal is reached and the spammers can spam off elsewhere as it is not good to them

Hope this helps
                Regards
                Daren
                Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

There are various solutions to obfuscate the mailto: link which has been covered on here or can be found on the internet.

Bikster
                  SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hayden - is that totally invisible to the cleverer spam bots? Some bots can even decipher capcha inputs to submit spam.

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by jont
                      Hayden - is that totally invisible to the cleverer spam bots? Some bots can even decipher capcha inputs to submit spam.
                      Sorry i put wrong information, it is ok this time, tested... haha

To solve this problem, simply delete [EMAIL] from your term and condition tab in business setting and then use code such as
                      !!<<a href="mailto:rob@houseofcolourscoatings.co.uk">Mail Rob</a>>!!
                      So that webpage know it is a e-mail link

Comment

You might want to read post 5

Comment

Originally posted by ittech
                          !!<<a href="mailto:rob@houseofcolourscoatings.co.uk">Mail Rob</a>>!!
                          Check out Norman's post http://community.actinic.com/showpos...26&postcount=2 about obfuscating your email address from the harvesters

Bikster

Comment

Working...
                          X