disapearing shipping info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

disapearing shipping info

1st problem: The shipping continually disappears & reappears in checkout pages 0 & 1 for no apparent reason without even updating site.

2nd problem: Code base changes from page to page - again seemingly randomly! (However, feel this may have something to do with the browser caching...?)

https://ciaalarms-co-uk.secureserve.co.uk

Hi
    On point 1, we have tried to replicate but we could not get the error to happen as things worked OK.

On point 2, could you extend your issue a little please?

We did notice however, that you have a few elements undefined throwing a js error in IE7 and FF. You may want to check these out as badly performing js can impede the cart performance in some instances.

HTH
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Problem 1 - We have gone through & removed all (but 1*) of the JavaScript errors now. However, the shipping charge is still missing from checkout 0 & 1 (To clarify, it is charged & does appear in checkout 2 but is missing from checkouts 0 & 1)

*The remaining JavaScript error (CreateArray is undefined) is in the Actinic JavaScript & not ours. We are unsure of what causes it but it only appears on the product pages & not the basket so we think this is unlikely to be the problem - It would be nice to resolve this issue as well though!

Problem 2 - Doesn't seem to be occuring at present, we still think it was a caching problem.

Comment

Problem 1
        I can replicate it - try reverting you layout to original.

Comment

Hmmm...

Originally posted by RuralWeb
          I can replicate it - try reverting you layout to original.
          OK, thanks.

Anyone got any ideas about the remaining js problem...?

Comment

I guess not.

RuralWeb, I'm in a bit of a corner now.

I've literally spent months making the Actinic shop look like our existing Web site & even tho I have it set up so that the carriage is shown in the shopping cart pages 0 & 1 it doesn't appear until shopping cart 3 & your advice to fix the problem is to revert to the original layout. There must b something else I can do...? Could it b this JavaScript problem?

Comment

It has now intermittently stopped charging carriage/shipping altogether which is obviously a real worry

Comment

Anthony,

Your soultion would be to use the 'Request location Information early' option. This should then show you the shipping on all cart pages. You will have to use a shopping mode of 'Quantity on confirmation Page' to get this to work.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                X