Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Explorer 7 & shipping query

Hi I have a Explorer 7 & shipping query - I'm using Version 8

website www.miflexhoseshop.co.uk comments on the site would be nice - first version 8 site - does some odd things in Explorer 7 any idea why???
    ---------------------------------------------
    My client would like this shipping info

Standard delivery - up to 10 units - £4.50
    Standard delivery - up to 25 units - £5.50 - (consignment cost)
    more than 25 kgs - £0.25 per kg or par thereof

Surcharges - Scottish Islands, Isle of Scilly - £5.00
    - Northern Island - £5.00

Non UK POA
    -----------------------------------------------
    The quantity based shipping is OK I can sort this - how can you get a weight based in there too. How do you add a surcharge based on the location - I know how to make the location although there is no option for the Scottish Islands etc.

Help appreciated.
    Tony B

Originally posted by tonyb
    website www.miflexhoseshop.co.uk comments on the site would be nice - first version 8 site - does some odd things in Explorer 7 any idea why???
    Incorrect coding and CSS, it's all over the place on IE7. You need to look at the sizes in the stylesheet. 50% of the visitors to the site won't be able to use it currently.

Comment

The only thing I could see wrong in the stylesheet was in the header formatting - a height size of 63px - the image is 220px - in the outer layouts I made sure the tables were at 220px - changed the css to 220px.

Tony

Comment

This has been a very common problem with IE7 and it is plastered all over the forum. Problem being that it now conforms to the code rather than allows for incorrect coding and repairs it naturally. If you get the coding correct, it will work, i can guarantee that. You just need to take a deeper look and my first port of call would be the source code on a live page.

Comment

Cheers Lee - will do

Comment

Working...
          X