Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating an RSS feed

Hi,

I want to create an rss feed of all my products and also my news section. Has anyone done this before? and if so how do i go about it?

Cheers,
    Adam

Does Bill (wjcambe) have one over at his website?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
      Does Bill (wjcambe) have one over at his website?
      What is his URL?

Comment

Don't want to post live without his say so (spam bots and all) .. but if you check out his profile it is listed in there (wjcambe)

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
          Don't want to post live without his say so (spam bots and all) .. but if you check out his profile it is listed in there (wjcambe)
          thanks for that but no rss feed, cheers anyway.

Comment

You can use MySQLFront (comes free in Fireserv2, which is also free itself) to upsize the Access MDB database products table to a MySQL table on a webserver (assuming your webserver allows you to specify IP's allowed to remotely connect to the MySQL server), then use a php file to pull data from that using fpopen() to write the RSS feed to an xml file...

See http://www.over-clock.com/ivb/index.php?showtopic=17397 which should give you some hints on the script and how it works...

If you don't have access to your MySQL server remotely, it'll be more difficult to do it this way...
            Cheers!
            Marci - <a href="http://www.Over-Clock.co.uk" target="_blank">www.Over-Clock.co.uk</a>

Comment

I do have an rss product, but could not get sufficient beta testers, and was reluctant to release it on the general public untested. If you send me an email (using the option available when you click my username,) and tell me which Actinic version (full sub version including letters) you are on, I can send you a beta.
              Bill
              www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
              Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
              BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
              Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
              VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
              Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
                I do have an rss product, but could not get sufficient beta testers, and was reluctant to release it on the general public untested. If you send me an email (using the option available when you click my username,) and tell me which Actinic version (full sub version including letters) you are on, I can send you a beta.
                Sorry about that bill i could not see it. I will send you an email now.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
                X