Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also bought products..

Hi,

I have a problem with my also bought products. I have it set up so that i have 3 also bought products with each of my products. This is working fine but my problem is the links from these also bought items. The link for these is:

Code:
    <a href="<actinic:variable name="SearchCGIURL" />?PRODREF=<actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />&amp;NOLOGIN=1<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsHostMode%22%20%2f%3e" >&amp;SHOP=<actinic:variable name="ShopID" /></actinic:block>">
    I need it to link to e.g. product1.html i am unsure how to this though. All my products are in sub sections so they all have .html pages but dont know how to link to them from these also bought items in the correct manner.

Cheers,
    Adam

Hi Adam

You got a URL for us to view and replicate the issue?

Regards
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

The also bought lists go via the cgi-bin to point to a specific product on a page ... to use this facility would need, if at all possible, a change of the core code or some scripting to point to the page name and not the specific product .. may be a PHP or javascript guru could think of a way to strip it out and point to the .html equivalent

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by los_design
        Hi Adam

You got a URL for us to view and replicate the issue?

Regards
        Hi,

Yes sorry here you go: www.wishcosmetics(dot)co(dot)uk

Just click on any of the products and you will see the also bought items.

Cheers,
        Adam

Comment

Nice site BTW

Is it for SEO reasons you need the change as it does appear to be working fine as you say - taking me through to the correct product from the also bought list

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
            Nice site BTW

Is it for SEO reasons you need the change as it does appear to be working fine as you say - taking me through to the correct product from the also bought list
            Thanks,

Yes it is just for SEO reasons. For anchor links to work they must be correct urls and not cgi link throughs. So need to swap them over so they are relevant.

Cheers,
            Adam

Comment

For anchor links to work they must be correct urls and not cgi link throughs.
              spiders are very capable of following cgi links. As long as you have a visible sitemap link on your site you really do not have to worry about re-coding the best seller links

I was going to check your site for a sitemap but its offline

Comment

There is a site map but the site is still offline.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                  spiders are very capable of following cgi links. As long as you have a visible sitemap link on your site you really do not have to worry about re-coding the best seller links

Sorry damme host has gone offline.. I have emailed so should be back on soon. I will let you know when it is back up.

Comment

For anchor links to work they must be correct urls and not cgi link throughs
                    This is refering to increasing the keyword page rank for the landing page by ensuring that the text in refering links contains the keywords that the landing page is optimised for and idealy the refering link needs to be non cgi.

Comment

idealy the refering link needs to be non cgi.
                      Yes I agree, I think what I was trying to say was it may be easier to leave the functionality of the best sellers alone ie let actinic do its automatic stuff and concentrate on creating other SEO targetted links that will remain more static and not require constant updating.

I accept that I seem to be alone in letting BS do its own stuff, ie let it reflect genuine BS, rather than manipulated, I tend to like having BS as a grid on the front page of a site automatically creating fresh content. JMO

Comment

I accept that I seem to be alone in letting BS do its own stuff
                        No your not jo Ive a few sites that do it properly as well - so your not Billy no mates

Comment

Ive a few sites that do it properly as well
                          Ditto... our BS list is genuine also...
                          Cheers!
                          Marci - <a href="http://www.Over-Clock.co.uk" target="_blank">www.Over-Clock.co.uk</a>

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                            No your not jo Ive a few sites that do it properly as well - so your not Billy no mates
                            So what does everyone link is the better option then? Having an automated list so that fresh content is added to the products or have static also bought items and have these link in the correct manner? I think this is a tough one to call personally.

Also the site is back online now: http://www.wishcosmetics(dot)co(dot)uk

Comment

Originally posted by adamblakey
                              So what does everyone link is the better option then? Having an automated list so that fresh content is added to the products or have static also bought items and have these link in the correct manner? I think this is a tough one to call personally.
                              I do not think it is a tough one to call IMHO. Will changing these links add more sales to the pot? Nope....so why spend time converting that is costing your company money (your time), the bots will find the pages anyway but if the content and SEO work is poor then there is no benefit in them visiting it anyway

As Jo and Malc point out, let Actinic take care of the auto links and you concentrate on the manual content, off page topics etc.
                              JMTC
                              Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                              Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
                              X