Best Sellers on Home Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Sellers on Home Page

Sorry if this has been asked before (I did have a good look!)

I have chosen to put the best sellers under the left hand menu bar, which is ok for the rest of the site (I think, though any feedback would be wonderful) but on the Home Page I like them underneath the content. On putting them here, you end up with them in both.

Is there anyway I can take them off the left hand column just for the Home Page?

Home page is here - www.naturalchild.co.uk

Thanks,

Hettie
    Hettie Harris

Natural Mum & Natural Child

'Natural Products for You & Your Family'

www.naturalmum.com & www.naturalchild.co.uk

I'm no expert but I'm assuming there would be 2 ways to do this.
    First would be to use a "copy" main template for the main page...same as your current main layout but without the Best Sellers on the side.
    Secondly...something I know little about...could you use a "Block" on the Best Sellers layout to prevent it from appearing on the home page?
    Not sure...I'm sure someone with more knowledge can elaborate on that!
    Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
      you use a "Block" on the Best Sellers layout to prevent it from appearing on the home page?
      That is indeed the way to go.

Switch to the design tab, ensure you are clicked onto the homepage (the house icon at the top of the content tree) and then click on the best sellers list in the side bar - the layout will be called something like "Best Sellers List Side Bar" or similar depending on the version in place. Using the yellow swirl icon (navigate to parent layout) click upwards to the next layout .. which should be the main outer layout.

The pink layout code for the best sellers should be highlighted (if not hightlight) and the click on the green "insert block" icon. In the pop up box click the green "insert condition" ... in the box start typing "IsBrochureHomePage" .. it will appear at the top and click on it to insert .... back in the popup add a space and then click on "insert an operator" and select "Equal" ... add another space and then click on "insert an operator" and select "false"

The view will now show

IsBrochureHomePage == false

This essentially tells Actinic .... only display the Best Sellers List when the page is not the home page... ie every other page.

Please ensure you have a full working snapshot of the site before making changes if you are unsure (and even if you are)

HTH

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Just to thankyou Jonty and Tracie for your help.

I followed the instructions for the layout changes here -

Switch to the design tab, ensure you are clicked onto the homepage (the house icon at the top of the content tree) and then click on the best sellers list in the side bar - the layout will be called something like "Best Sellers List Side Bar" or similar depending on the version in place. Using the yellow swirl icon (navigate to parent layout) click upwards to the next layout .. which should be the main outer layout.

The pink layout code for the best sellers should be highlighted (if not hightlight) and the click on the green "insert block" icon. In the pop up box click the green "insert condition" ... in the box start typing "IsBrochureHomePage" .. it will appear at the top and click on it to insert .... back in the popup add a space and then click on "insert an operator" and select "Equal" ... add another space and then click on "insert an operator" and select "false"

The view will now show

IsBrochureHomePage == false

and it worked perfectly.

Many thanks.
        Hettie Harris

Natural Mum & Natural Child

'Natural Products for You & Your Family'

www.naturalmum.com & www.naturalchild.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X