Fast way of entering permutations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fast way of entering permutations

In Actinic 5, filling the permutation list could be done pretty fast. You just had to copy the fist few characters of a the product reference and then paste it in the appropriate row and the drop down would go directly to the first match hence no unnecessary scrolling thru the product list (which can hold several hundred entries). In v8, however, it does not seem possible to use that same trick. Therefore, filling permutation requires constant scrolling looking for the right product. This has become a frustratingly time consuming task.

Lazyeye

Originally posted by lazyeye
    Filling permutation requires constant scrolling looking for the right product. This has become a frustratingly time consuming task.

Lazyeye

I do agree with this - Could it be one for the wish list?
    -----------------------------
    www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

Kind of works... I just click in the dropdown and type the first few digits then hit the down arrow key... and it goes straight to that product. Tried paste > down arrow?
      Cheers!
      Marci - <a href="http://www.Over-Clock.co.uk" target="_blank">www.Over-Clock.co.uk</a>

Comment

yeah, i know you can type the beginning of the ref number and the menu scrolls to relevant products, but still... I don't want to have to type in the ref # each time. The actinic developers need to focus on practical usability issues like this.

ps the permutation table does not accept pasting.

Comment

I've added this to the wish list for you.
          Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Working...
          X