Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox display problem

Hi,

I have recently updated my website, and it seems to have mucked up how it looks in firefox. It displays fine in internet explorer. I think it must be something simple that needs to be changed in the code or css to amend this but i was wondering if anyone knew a simple resolution to this before i started ripping the code apart. The site URL is http://www.compressedaironline.co.uk...log/index.html

Best regards,

James

That is absolutely trashed, check out the source code in either browser. I'd start again, debugging that would be a nightmare from what i can see and it'd be quicker to lay it out again.

What have you done or what are you trying to do?

There is no head area and you have some tags which appear to have been repeated over 100 times.

Comment

Hi Lee,

It displays fine in Internet explorer, if you have that you can see what it is meant to look like.

Regards,

James

Comment

James i looked on both, IE is rescuing you, however the source code is still way off and something you really need to sort out - probably the worst source code i've ever seen if i'm honest.

Can you explain what you have been up to or what you have done? We may be able to point you to things that need correcting, something has gone seriously astray on that. Can you provide the code from your outer layout into here, so we can at least see if that is ok?

Comment

They're are countless nested spans, it's scary. I just don't get how you came up with that awful mess!

Comment

Hi,
            I am currently looking at it and it seems to be actinic that is producing the duplicate code.

Comment

Do you have an old snapshot you could use to see where it all went wrong as I have to admit, it looks terrible in FF
              Most people still use IE, however, you only need 1 person wanting to spend a fortune and if they use FF will they boycot your site

I've never seen anything like this ever

Comment

Hi all,

I have fixed the code, and it works fine in firefox now.
                the problem stemmed from the actselbeh problem which was fixed in a previous actinic update but had been carried over in my code.

Thanks for your help,

James

Comment

James, it may be showing alright but trust me your source code is still a long way away from what it should be. Head info missing, no declaration, no seo, too many tds to mention and span issue at bottom of page still prevails to name just a few.

You really need to bite the bullet and return the external layout back to factory settings IMO and start again.

EDIT: It's still very broken in FF.

Comment

Working...
                  X