Price display for registered customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price display for registered customers

I want prices to be displayed, without any messages (i.e. no tax message after the price, or a customer message).

I edited the layout "Standard Tax Exclusive Price" to remove the message.
    This works for unregistered customers, however when a customer logs on, the tax message is displays after the price.

It appears that actinic is using a different price layout depanding on whether a user is registered or not.

Does anyone know where to edit the price layout for registered customers?

thanks,

Bob

It's probably within a blockif (testing logged in or not) in the product layout, have a scroll through see if it's there.

Comment

I can't see to find anyting else that controls that message. Below is the original "ProductPriceDescription" -- at the bottom is the code for the tax message that I successfully edited to get the results I want. However, when a customer registered, the message comes back -- cannot find the source.
      My guess is a bug.

<br />
      <actinic:variable name="ProductPriceDescription" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsFirstQuantityBreak%22%20%2f%3e">
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20Name%3d%22QuantityDescMax%22%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%201">
      (<actinic:variable Name="QuantityDescMax"/> item)
      </actinic:block>
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20Name%3d%22QuantityDescMax%22%2f%3e%20%3e%201">
      (<actinic:variable Name="QuantityDescMax"/> or fewer items)
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsMiddleQuantityBreak%22%20%2f%3e">
      (<actinic:variable Name="QuantityDescMin"/> to <actinic:variable Name="QuantityDescMax"/> items)
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsLastQuantityBreak%22%20%2f%3e">
      (<Actinic:Variable Name="QuantityDescMin"/> or more items)

<actinic:variable value="Product Price Excluding Tax" name="PreFormattedPrice" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTaxMessageShown%22%20%2f%3e">
      <span class="actxxsmall">
      ; (Excluding&nbsp;<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTax1Used%22%20%2f%3e"><actinic:variable name="TaxName1"/> at <actinic:variable name="TaxRate1"/>%</actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTax1AndTax2Used%22%20%2f%3e"> and </actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTax2Used%22%20%2f%3e"><actinic:variable name="TaxName2"/> at <actinic:variable Name="TaxRate2"/>%</actinic:block>)
      </span>

Comment

As mentioned in my post, my first port of call would be the product layout, not the layout you are referring to. I would be amazed if this was a bug and even if it was it would be very easy to get around i would have thought.

Comment

I did check the product layout as you suggested and could not find any reference to the tax message.

The reason I suspect a bug is that regardless of the price layout I choose, I always get the same result when a customer is registered. In other words, there is no way of controlling the display of price display.

Comment

This is because different things happen when a customer is logged in, many of these things that occur are within blockifs and fire (show on page) if the logged in condition is met. Hence my initial thought, which i still think is probably right to be honest.

What product layout are you using and i will take a look? Also tell me what you did to adjust it for un-logged in customers.

Comment

I'm using "Standard Layout Using CSS"

thanks for having a look !

For non-logged in customer, I simply removed the following from the "Standard Tax Exclusive Price" :

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTaxMessageShown%22%20%2f%3e">
              <span class="actxxsmall">
              ; (Excluding&nbsp;<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTax1Used%22%20%2f%3e"><actinic:variable name="TaxName1"/> at <actinic:variable name="TaxRate1"/>%</actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTax1AndTax2Used%22%20%2f%3e"> and </actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTax2Used%22%20%2f%3e"><actinic:variable name="TaxName2"/> at <actinic:variable Name="TaxRate2"/>%</actinic:block>)
              </span>

Comment

Does anyone know where to edit the price layout for registered customers?
                Go to the Design tab then select "Price Template" from the "Select Page Type" dropdown list.
                Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Software Bug

Hi,

I also opened up a support ticket with actinic -- they reponded that it is a bug:

"Ok, this is what I thought it is. It is in fact a bug within software
                  (destined to be fixed for maintenance release v8.5.2 of the software).
                  For some reason, the price layout is controlled by a legacy version 7
                  control (for reverse compatibility) however, this control is not exposed in
                  the software or used by v8."

They have provided a work around, but I have not tried.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                  X