Existing Dreamweaver designed sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by los_design
    O/T Jonty, any chance of a tea caddy in navy blue and white?
    Have Royal Blue in at the moment. Can I substitute?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
      Have Royal Blue in at the moment. Can I substitute?
      you got cerise, look good on its own

Hows tricks at your end Master J?
      Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
      Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

I refuse to use [blink] on websites and refuse to knit in cerise. Sorry. Its the house rules.

Things are marvelous this side - managed to import a v7 site, make it v8 sexy and upload.....in under an hour! It was one of my own and in pure CSS which helped things a little

What is the word at Chateau Los?

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
          I refuse to use [blink] on websites and refuse to knit in cerise. Sorry. Its the house rules.

Things are marvelous this side - managed to import a v7 site, make it v8 sexy and upload.....in under an hour! It was one of my own and in pure CSS which helped things a little

What is the word at Chateau Los?
          All's well at Chateau LOS old bean...been busy writing conditions for PD's and about to attack a few tie upg's for v7 to v8 et al.

Ahh, the old CSS, can't wait to start one of our June projects, using our own cart (Actinic you are the best, but we need MySQL/PHP for larger inventories) so I can build complete CSS and W3C compliant going to be a biggy this one, looking at 100k lines
          Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
          Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Yep. In the short term it is quicker and simpler to keep external... but long run it is worth the time and effort to integrate as future changes to the layout are all handled in one place... it will save you time and effort by integrating.
            after a few years i have eventually added brochure pages to surf-wax, and am moving some pages across. I particularly wanted Actinic to control the index page as i could then have automatically self updating BS and new products. Sport and location pages are still external DW but all other info pages will be actinic from now on

Comment

Originally posted by los_design
              you got cerise,...?
              Hope the PM knows.

Comment

I'm making progress with this guys - thanks for all your help.

Just one final question - the Dreamweaver 8 pages are governed by a style sheet - does this style sheet data get copied across when you register the design in Actinic or do you need to copy and paste the style sheet info into the Actinic Stylesheet?

Comment

does this style sheet data get copied across when you register the design in Actinic or do you need to copy and paste the style sheet info into the Actinic Stylesheet?
                  Covered in the AUG

Comment

Thanks Malcolm - I followed the instructions exactly as in the AUG but it appears that 'custom.css' doesn't seem to kick in - the design appears without the style before I changed things - it is placed in the same folder as all the other Actinic files?

Comment

post 4

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=30310

will tell you how to get custom.css incorporated

Comment

Set your custom design and custom CSS up in the site1 folder, prefix them with a number, so they go to the top of the list (easy to find and open) and the only other thing you need to make sure of, is that your custom css is defined last in the head tag to avoid any overwrites from the actinic css. When you define your site folders in DW, point them to the actinic site1 folder.

This method works every single time without any problems and is the easiest most simple way of doing it. Stray from the simple - expect complications. It still amazes me how complicated this process is still being made, actinic even fires a warning telling you about this.

Comment

Add the css file and any other css referenced images etc to the two preview folders as well. If the css file is referenced in your outer design and DW has been set up to have it's 'site' in the site1 folder then all will work fine.

Comment

Working...
                          X