Change Address To Capitalisation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change Address To Capitalisation

I use intergrated labels for my invoices and would like to force the way the customer puts in thier Address to be capitalised. (and Postcode in Capitals)

I did see a thread on here but can't for the life of me find it now - although I don't think it was for version 8.

Had a quick look in the AUG and can't see anything either - can anyone help or point me in the right direction where the solution is pointed out in step by step FULL instructions.

Any help would be appreciated.

User name 'Kermy' from memory posted the details, quick 5 minute sift through his posts from at least 4 months ago should find it, it will be the one where he has many replies to the same thread title.

EDIT: Its referenced in the V8 Problem Solvers thread.

Comment

http://www.gbradley.co.uk/actinic/user-input-formatting

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

this is the V7 thread, Joy..
        http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=19468

No idea how this "translates" into V8 though..hopefully someone can help?
        Tracey

Comment

Joy,
          Advanced User Guide Page 89 Should be what you need
          http://www.body-kit.co.uk

Comment

This works brilliantly, thanks for posting it Jont. Will save us time every morning amending addresses.
            Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

As an aside - don't forget to do the delivery addresses as well!!
              Donna

Comment

and, as another note to this, be warned that address line 4 won't format "live"
                'tis a bug
                Tracey

Comment

Tracey

I've got it to using the postcode description (couldn't think of another word for this!).

D
                  Donna

Comment

oooh..that's interesting. So it'll uppercase, but it wouldn't capitalise

hmmmmm....might try that then coz support told me it was broken LOL
                    Tracey

Comment

You could use a script change to convert everything in the checkout to uppercase, this works on every field and does it at the back end so there is nothing to add to the html, check this thread (don't do if you aren't comfortable editing the scripts though):-

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ht=OrderScript
                      Cheers

David
                      Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Tracey

If you follow the link Jont placed and use the postcode function it capitalises and puts the space in! Brilliant! About a 10 min job for both sites and saves sooo much time.

Donna

Comment

oh, I know that (you mean for the postcode field then?)
                          I meant that address line 4 (the last one before the postcode) wouldn't stay formatted when I uploaded mine live (not just mine either) and I was told that this field was "broken" and wouldn't stay formatted whatever I tried to do...although, from looking at yours, are you using that line on your site?
                          Tracey

Comment

T

We use address line 1 and 2, town and PC field. Don't use county field as RM don't require it and it makes the address too big for our label with our logo on it!! Perhaps this is the difference? D
                            Donna

Comment

yes, Donna, it is
                              it's only address line 4 that won't format so doing away with it is a quick fix for that LOL
                              Mind you, I had a customer the other day who managed to make her address 8 lines long. I RM checked it and it only needed to be 4!
                              8 lines though....she'd have had to squeeze them all into even fewer lines lol

quick fix though, I always removed the county line anyway so I might as well removed the line on the page! Dur..fancy not thinking of that before!
                              Thanks Donna
                              Tracey

Comment

Working...
                              X