Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSL Problems

Hello,

Using Actinic V8 Catalog I have managed to setup a website (Hosted by 123-reg.co.uk) that i want to eventually start selling from, trouble is no matter whether i tick the 'whole site' or just 'login and checkout pages' I always seem to receive a 'cannot find webpage' error message when using SSL. Every other page on the website that doesn't require encryption is fine and does not appear to change.

I have read all about the setup options in Actinic but am i doing something wrong elsewhere? For example I've heard about secure and non-secure cgi-bin's. Are there actually two types of cgi-bins, two required bins or simply me getting the wrong message?

I would really appreciate any help i can get on this one.

Dave.

123-reg.co.uk

Hi

Are you using the dedicated server option from 123-reg, the web hosting options do not support SSL which is why I have just moved to another provider.

Malcolm

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Alternatives...

Thankyou for this info, are there any alternatives to this, i.e can i forward to a card payment facility without being securely hosted? I assume there must be a way to redirect from my website.

Comment

annoyingly, I just changed from a USA host with my .co.uk site that had SSL but was dead slow so I moved to 123-reg and created a .com domain, much faster loading etc except I didn't realise it had no SSL! aarrggh

I now have Protx for payment and it works fine although this don't help you right now, but does anyone know if upgrading to Webfusion hosting via 123 would do the trick?

Personally I'd go with a payment provider as too many people don't enter their correct card details etc which is a right pain

rant over

Comment

SSL Certificate of my own

I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination but could I upload my own SSL certificate?

Comment

Originally posted by cherishedmonkey
            I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination but could I upload my own SSL certificate?
            They're not something you pick up at the local market i'm afraid. If your current hosts do not provide SSL, why not just use actinic's own offering, its sets up a piece of cake, is ok on cost and a happy medium while you look to better solutions in the future.

Comment

upgrading to Webfusion hosting via 123 would do the trick
              Webfusion dont have SSL either - get a psp or move host

Comment

Ssl

According to 123-reg you need to take their dedicated server option to get SSL, at nearly 40 pounds per month it's expensive, I moved over to pinbrook who had me up and running with SSL over the weekend.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                Custom Packages

Comment

Originally posted by malbro
                  According to 123-reg you need to take their dedicated server option to get SSL, at nearly 40 pounds per month it's expensive, I moved over to pinbrook who had me up and running with SSL over the weekend.
                  Not so expensive when you can host unlimited sites and you don't share your bandwidth or server.
                  Brian
                  Brian
                  www.netmusicalinstruments.co.uk

Comment

I use a webfusion VPS which has SSL on it. Cheaper than a dedicated server.
                    Richard Gosler
                    Phoenix Digital Media Ltd
                    Dorset, UK

Comment

Originally posted by malbro
                      Hi

Are you using the dedicated server option from 123-reg, the web hosting options do not support SSL which is why I have just moved to another provider.

Malcolm
                      Just to make it clear, the dedicated servers do have an option can have SSL on them, but I have yet to hear back on how much it costs. Shared ssl might be the easiest option
                      brian
                      Brian
                      www.netmusicalinstruments.co.uk

Comment

the dedicated server from 123-reg is £500 pa

Comment

Working...
                        X