Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would somebody mind testing my cart for me, please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would somebody mind testing my cart for me, please?

*editted to change title of thread and say omg it doesn't make any sense now!!*

I've just changed my shipping tariffs for UK deliveries.
    I used to offer "Standard delivery" (second class) at £1 per item to a max of £3 and "Priority" for an additional £1 up to £4 max (this replaced my free shipping I was offering beforehand)

Now, I've done away with the standard class and just ship first class

My shipping table is hardly complicated.
    Done by weight..everything with a weight of 1kg

Set up as it already was for Priority option
    £2 for 1kg
    £3 for 2kg
    £4 for 3kg
    £4 for 4kg etc

anyway.. just uploaded etc and tested it

Added a single item to the cart...it gave UK shipping of £3

Cart total on left showed £3 included (was £19.50 total for £16.50 item) but..when I clicked on "view cart" it then amended to show the correct £2 shipping price and everything I added after that worked fine.

I cleared the cart...started again..same thing happened.
    Initial calculation was £3...but on refreshing the cart..it was correct at £2.

ooh..on further play..it appears to be main products with associated products as choices that are affected.

BUT..only their duplicates...not the main products. The main product works fine
    See http://www.budget-bumps.co.uk/acatalog/nightwear10.html for example. Add the Emma Jane maternity pyjamas halfway down...shipping cost is £2.

BUT...add its duplicate from here (again, about halfway down) http://www.budget-bumps.co.uk/acatalog/Nightwear.html
    and it charges £3 shipping..allow the cart to forward back to the store..click on "view cart" and the correct rate is shown

Trouble is, I'm not even sure that reverting back to how it was is gonna "fix" it now!

Anyone else experienced this?

And why do these things always happen on a Friday afternoon
    Last edited by TraceyHand; 01-Jun-2007, 03:56 PM. Reason: title editted as my own rambling progressed!
    Tracey

ok..there's a definite problem with my duplicates of items that have component/attributes and choices with associated products.

I've tested all over the site..normal single item duplicates are fine.

the master products with associated products are fine.

It's just the duplicates that are doing this weird initial shipping calculation.
    I've compacted the database and re-uploaded...I've tried copying a new duplicate from it's master and uploading and it still does the same thing.
    I've tried resetting the duplicates in question..both from the master..AND the duplicate..and it's STILL doing it.

Thing is, after it's been added to the cart..everything is hunky dory..but I think the initial viewing of this incorrect figure could put people off

Incidentally, it happens regardless of which order the product hits the cart in. i.e even if you add an correctly calculated item..and then add an affected item..the affected item adds an extra £1 to the mix (or extra 1kg, in fact as once you hit the £4 max it doesn't get any higher still)

It's like it's ignoring the manually input ZERO weight of the duplicate of the main product (set to zero because the associated products have the 1kg weight attributed to them) The zero input is still visible on the duplicates (albeit greyed out)

I'm going to be contacting support with my snapshot for this, aren't I?
    Tracey

Comment

Me again..haha..I need my own forum!

Ok..I've found a workaround but I can't use it on all of my duplicates that are affected.

Currently..the actual stock products have the weight attributed to them.
      In the case of the pyjamas, each component is available separately to buy too so they are set as 500g each so customers can buy the "set" at single item postage rate...herein lies the problem with my fix!

I took one product (Emma Jane Nursing Vest top) and removed the weight (well..typed 0 in the boxes as it defaults to 1) of ALL the hidden associated products. I then set the main product to weight of 1kg and reset the duplicates...uploaded and it WORKS!!

It's a workaround...but it works..
      However, I can't do this with the pyjamas..because the components ARE available to order singly so I can't remove their weights and give the weight to the main product (Crikey, I hope that makes sense!)

Ok...it's only a very small number of products that I'm not going to be able to "fix" for now..so I'm going to go ahead and do the change of weights..but, IMO, I'm changing it to the way it shouldn't be..
      Tracey

Comment

Working...
      X