Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loosing CSS on upload

Hi all,

Has anyone come across this REALLY annoying problem.

When I upload a site, it sometimes looses the ability to see the css file, therefore making the site look crud.

Simon
    Simon Williams
    Actinic Designer v.8.5.2.0.0.0.HMVA

Originally posted by Simon Williams
    Hi all,

Has anyone come across this REALLY annoying problem.

When I upload a site, it sometimes looses the ability to see the css file, therefore making the site look crud.

Simon
    Hi Simon

the old version 8 css dance. How are you referring to it? Have you added your custom css to the actinic.css? Is it showing in the additional files?

URL please to view if possible?

Thanks
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

I'm using the "custom.css" in the actinic.css

http://www.passionperfumes.co.uk
      Simon Williams

Comment

Your custom.css is full of <actinc variable> code which is not being parsed .... this code really needs to sit inside Actinic in the actinic.css .. if you still prefer to have it external copy into actinic.css temporarily, preview in an external browser and copy the desired code back into custom.css (checking any relative paths for background images from the PreviewHTML folder) and delete out of the actinic.css

Or ... include the @import function back into actinic.css which should then parse the code (think) .. I would go with the first option and place your .jumpmeny code into custom.css and drop actinic.css altogether

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
          Your custom.css is full of <actinc variable> code which is not being parsed .... this code really needs to sit inside Actinic in the actinic.css .. if you still prefer to have it external copy into actinic.css temporarily, preview in an external browser and copy the desired code back into custom.css (checking any relative paths for background images from the PreviewHTML folder) and delete out of the actinic.css

Or ... include the @import function back into actinic.css which should then parse the code (think) .. I would go with the first option and place your .jumpmeny code into custom.css and drop actinic.css altogether
          Ok thanks Jonty, I'll give that a go....
          Simon Williams

Comment

Thanks Jonty, that's worked.
            Simon Williams

Comment

Working...
            X