Navigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navigation

Trying to change the navigation on our website.
    We want to try and have a list of the main sections horizontally across the top of our site eg climbing, camping, hiking etc.
    Then when you press on one of these all the sub section links would be shown down the left nav bar
    eg when you press on climbing the left nav bar shows all the climbing sub sections.
    I presume I need to set up different templates for each section within the library web outer layout! with each layout having a different section list but leaving the rest of the template as is.
    Just trying to see if this is at all possible initially.
    Thanks in advance for any advice.

Richard
    www.mountainfever.co.uk

Originally posted by mountain fever
    Just trying to see if this is at all possible initially.
    Yes it is possible and can be done quite easily (in untested theory) using some Block If conditions to show the subsection list specific to that section only - this would mitigate the need for different layouts in each section (which is how you would have done this in v7)

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks jont.
      Will have to read up on the block if conditions and then see if i can give it a go.
      Challenging but will look good if i get it to work.

Comment

Thanks in advance for any advice
        I would not do it at all as it will be very confusing for your visitors who generally expect the navigation to popup where they press the button not in another part of the page - if they miss it they will think the site is broken

Comment

Working...
        X