Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-mail link invisible to spammers

I have found this in the AUG .

If I copy and paste it from the word document I have opened will it work as I have always opened html codes in notepad, I would give it a try but the AUG dosn't say were to paste it and thick'os me hasn't got a clue - I need a AUG for dummies!!

Thanks

Using version 8.5.1

You'll need to change the part of the code that references the email alias i.e. 'info' or 'enquiries' and also the part that references the domain that the email is going to i.e. 'yoursite.com'
    Other than that, assuming that the person clicking it has a valid email program that they can send from then it should work fine.

Cheers
    Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
    www.internetology.co.uk
    Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

Comment

Thanks

Sorry I didn't make myself clear, I know to change the domains etc in the code but I don't know where to insert the code within actinic.

Comment

OK

Best bet is to click on the 'Design' Tab and click onto a product page in the content tree.

The main product layout will be something like 'Product List with Horizontal Dividers' - you can then look through the code and just drop that code copied directly from the AUG into the Layout Code window and you'll then see it appear in the product template.

Obviously, if you want it somewhere else, just navigate to the appropriate layout using the preview window and then drop the code in and 'Hey Presto!'

Cheers
        Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
        www.internetology.co.uk
        Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

Comment

The world is your oyster really.

I would not add it to product layout (unless you are using 1 product per section) as the email link will appear under each product.

Probably best to place it somewhere in your outer layout (navbar is a good traditional place.

You can do this within the design tab as stated.

Feel free to shout if you need any further info.

HTH
          Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
          Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
          X