A little more on PayPalPro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little more on PayPalPro

I just thought it valid to add a little information on the PayPalPro set up within Actinic 8.5.1

I suspect a number of people have had emails from Actinic sales offering the PPP service through themselves. As you will have seen on numerous threads within this community you will no doubt be of the conclussion that nothing has been smooth.

I originally integrated it pretty much straight away after the latest release of 8.5.1 as a lot of my customers use paypal. I have had a number of issues with it and have since removed it while support investigate it.

One of the issues was that PPP was not working in the background utilising the actinic front end to take CC details from customers. I have a shared SSL on my site. I have just been told by support that shared SSL will not wirk with PPP, unless you purchase a Shared SSL through actinic, so if like me your host is Easyspace and you have the internetters shard SSL this is funnily enough not supported.

No mention of this is on the sales info from Actinic and I cannot help feeling this is just another way of fleecing a little more money from our pockets.

So a word of warning, before signing up for the all singing all dancing PPP ad on either through actinic or direct with Paypal check it will work, as i still dont feel it is correctly tested, the support knowledge is in place, and sales and marketting within actinic know the issues. This could end up costing people even more money! and out of interest why do actinic only make it support the actinic shared SSL when in theory you are going to a different web location from your standard domain to do the transaction for this, why can it not work on other shared SSL services?

chin chin!!

Lloyd
    Lloyd Hawken
    www.nappies-direct.com
Working...
X