Help - Error Messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - Error Messages

Can anyone shed some light on an issue we have with our site. We decided to move host, which is propagating as we speak.

Our site, which is still hosting with our original host, was working fine until 10am this morning. We now get error messages:

Warning: main(acatalog/ico.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /vhost/vhost1/s/p/l/splashdirect.com/www/index.php on line 3

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'acatalog/ico.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /vhost/vhost1/s/p/l/splashdirect.com/www/index.php on line 3

You can see this when you visit www.splashdirect.com.

And when we try and download orders we receive:

The permissions on the directory are not
    readable by the web server.

Any ideas?

No expert here, but it sounds like the "changeover" to another host has prevented your "old" site from displaying as if you put /index.html/ after your domain you get a different page altogether confirming you have registered with Easyspace.com

Comment

We decided to move host, which is propagating as we speak.
      Whilst a site is propagating you have to be sure you know where your own ISP is taking you ie old host or new host.

In an ideal world you should have suspended ordering on the old host, then asked for name server change. Unless you have a dedicated IP for the old host you will now have difficulty downloading orders once your ISP's DNS takes you to the new site.

Without knowing the method you have chosen to preserve ordering and site presence whilst DNS propagation is in place it is difficult to say what the matter is.

Comment

my method of this was to simply create a .com for my site when I changed hosting, annoying I know, but some hosts can take toooooooooooo long to changeover your domain IMO

Comment

Working...
        X