Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Base (FROOGLE) Changes, why they wont accept automatically actinic bulk sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

easy fix for froogle

http://www.codepath.biz/web_plugins....ctiongenerator

this little utility is awesome! turned thousands of hours into 5 mins work. I also think making the site like this has increased the sites visibility as well
    www.onlineaquariumstore.com
    www.onlinevivariumstore.com
    www.onlinepondstore.com

Comment

Have you tried it, can you upload to google?

Comment

yup it works a treat.....google are all happy now
        www.onlineaquariumstore.com
        www.onlinevivariumstore.com
        www.onlinepondstore.com

Comment

I think i must be missing something here, i dont have this problem, if you look at this page all these products are all listed

http://www.casupply.co.uk/acatalog/1...carbonate.html

I use Jans tool, but i make the item link to the product not the page ie.
          http://www.casupply.co.uk/acatalog/1...ate.html#aBE61 does this mean google see this as seprate page?

D

Comment

same here, Darren.
            I link to product too and am still getting feeds accepted (last one was submitted on 4th July and is still running ok)

On the odd occasion that I've done a reinstall of the software and forgotten to check the "Link to product" box..I have had Google come back to me complaining of "multiple product pages" so they're obviously looking..but they certainly don't seem to object to the "link to product" feed

YET!
            Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B

I use Jans tool, but i make the item link to the product not the page ie.
              http://www.casupply.co.uk/acatalog/1...nate.html#BE61 does this mean google see this as seprate page?

D
              ps, Darren...you missed out the 'a' after the '#' so your second example "Link to product" doesn't work
              Tracey

Comment

Nah you seeing things

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
                  Nah you seeing things
                  LOL
                  cheat
                  Tracey

Comment

ok....NOW Google are rejecting my "linked to product" feeds

They're slow to do so, mind you. I submitted a feed about 2 weeks ago and it's only just been reviewed and rejected.
                    I actually got 2 separate emails, both slightly different
                    First objecting to multiple product pages (I think my first feed went up ad I'd forgotten to select "link to product")

Second email was slightly different

Issues:

- Use specific item pages

-----------------
                    - Use specific item pages: We noticed that your links lead to the main
                    page of your site, rather than to specific item pages. Please provide URLs
                    that link directly to the webpages for your individual items, as these
                    pages include more detailed information.
                    For one thing this means the same thing as the multiple products on a page, complaint.. I think they're just trying to justify it, tbh.

AND, FWIW, I think they're wrong to reject feeds that clearly link DIRECTLY to a product on a page (as opposed to linking to a multiple product page) and have told them so.

OK, so I know it'll fall on deaf ears but it feels better for saying it

I guess that's me off the GoogleBase/Froogle radar anyway
                    Tracey

Comment

hmmm..ok, I've logged into my Google Base and it's still showing as active. Uploaded 5th July..valid til 4th August and all published and searchable.

Now I'm confused
                      Tracey

Comment

Further Info from Google

I have just had this response from google on this issue. Re; currently they are automatically removing from feeds the
                        # anchors at the end of product url’s ie <link>http://www.paragon-matrix.com/acatalog/Canon_FAX_780.html#a6_21FX1</link> as an example (which allows actinic data feeds to point customers directly at multiply products on the same url page). I expect google would say “enhancing the customer experience.”

Google base Team:
                        “Thank you for your email. Due to system constraints, we are not supporting anchors in URLs at this time. While anchors will not prevent us from processing your items, they will be stripped from the outgoing URL in our search results. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.”

System constrains seems to me to be a red herring but who knows, Let’s hope that “at this time” means that they may change this policy soon.

Regards

Phil G

Comment

Let’s hope that “at this time” means that they may change this policy soon
                          I very much doubt as they are continuing thier moves to ban multiproduct pages - IMO a very good move

Comment

LOL if they move the goalposts after getting half the web to convert i will eat my hat.

Comment

Im not so sure its a great move, i think it more depends on the product your selling.

You can have a page full of the same product in different sizes, this is not accepted by google, but it is infact a better experience to the customer than, he can see the prices for all the sizes, rather than have to go though every SPP.

you can set up a drop down with all the sizes and google will accept this as an SPP.

but google will never change, thats the way it is.

D

Comment

if they move the goalposts after getting half the web to convert i will eat my hat.
                                Agreed - GB is a free service and to use it you need to play by the rules - if you dont want to use it then you are free to setup your site however you want.

Comment

Working...
                                X