Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Session cookies

Hi all,

Is there a way to make Actinic use session cookies that expire when the browser is closed, rather than having them expire after a certain time as they do by default?

I have changed the default expiry to one hour but would rather it expired once the browser is closed.

The reason behind this is that anyone who completes the checkout and then returns to the site receives a "CGI server timeout..." message if they then go through the shopping process again, unless the cookie is cleared first. Strange but true...

Thanks.

Sounds like there is some other issue with your site. Returning to the site before the cookie has expired should allow you to continue with the items in your cart as before you left the site. You shouldn't get server timeouts.

Comment

Of course, but Actinic can't help so I figured cookie expiry will get around the problem for the time being.

I even created a fresh site and uploaded it and get the same problem. It works fine with the Invoice with Order payment option but as soon as Paypal is used it produces the CGI timeout error.

Actinic told me it was to do with modified scripts so I rebuilt the site, testing it at every stage and as soon as I added Paypal as a payment method the problem's back.

Comment

Paul,

Can you check to see if the latter bit of the following post will help you... http://community.actinic.com/showthr...396#post168396

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X