Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing fragment on homepage

Hi
    Hope someone can help me please with what is probably a very basic question but I am at amoeba stage on my personal Actinic learning curve with Actinic !

On my site I had a recent problem in accessing the Best Sellers & New Product Listings as each time I clicked on either of these Actinic crashed. It turns out that I had imported a corrupted snapshot (don't know how...) and thankfully this has now been put right by Support for me. I have since imported their new snapshot and the problem is resolved.
    However, I seem to have lost my home page content. It appears within Actinic -I can see the fragment there with the content etc. but if I do a web preview all that appears centrally on the page are the Best Sellers.
    I have not updated the site so if you look at www.morethanmowers.co.uk you can see the main text that should appear .
    Can anyone tell me how to get this back please?
    Thanks for any help

Hi Juliette

I can see the text when i access the site, hold down your CTRL key and click F5 to force a reload, you may be viewing a cached page stored on your PC.

Comment

Hi Lee
      Thanks for this - have tried that but doesn't work.
      Not sure what you mean though ?- I can also see the text on the uploaded site. What I can't see is the same text when I do a page preview of the homepage with the new 'corrected' snapshot received back from support ( which I haven't uploaded to the live site) although the fragment is showing clearly in the content tree.
      Any ideas why this might be?
      Thanks!
      Juliette

Comment

could it have a "block if" around it?
        If you locate it in your main (top level) layout..is there a block condition preventing it from appearing on your homepage, perhaps?
        Tracey

Comment

My God, you and computers don't mix very well at the moment, what on earth have you done to deserve this. You're the unluckiest person i know - killed a black cat lately?

If Window|Restore Initial View Layout doesn't work, send me a snapshot, im on my PC for half hour or so, i will check it my end.

Do other sections preview OK and it is just the home page? Or is it all of the site? I wonder if support may have switched off preview while they worked on it.

Comment

Thanks Tracey
            I can't see anything but I'm such a novice to all this I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for and where!
            I'll send across to Lee as suggested as I know he's probably sitting twiddling his thumbs tonight and just waiting for something to do
            Thanks for the suggestions .
            Juliette

Comment

Originally posted by lily10
              I'll send across to Lee as suggested as I know he's probably sitting twiddling his thumbs tonight and just waiting for something to do
              haha...yeh
              keep him busy and out of trouble!
              good idea
              Tracey

Comment

When you pair have quite finished.....

Comment

Working...
                X