Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customer Accounts and prices set but not working - what am I doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer Accounts and prices set but not working - what am I doing wrong?

We are just considering an upgrade to v8.5 business as we want to set certain trade products for certain prices.

Therefore we have two product groups: Retail (default with no listed customers) and Trade (in which we have various customer accounts added)

So, I choose a product and in the 'PRICES' tab I set the following...

For 'Trade'...

Customer Group: Trade, Price:333.00, Generated: unticked, Enabled: ticked, Product Visible: ticked, Min:blank, Customer Message: this is the trade price per unit...

For 'Retail' I have the following...

Customer Group: Retail, Price:339.57, Generated: unticked, Enabled: ticked, Product Visible: ticked, Min:blank, Customer Message: blank

However, when I log in as a 'Trade' customer - I don't see the discount. What am I doing wrong??

Thanks - Ben

No-one?

Comment

Ben,

There is a bug with this. You need to have a value in the 'Retail' customer message for the 'Trade' customer message to appear.

There is a workaround to get a blank value into the 'Retail' customer message field. Please ensure Actinic is closed. Navigate to your site folder and make a backup of the database. Open the Database and then run the following query..
      UPDATE ProductProperties SET ProductProperties.sString3 = "<!---->"
      WHERE (((ProductProperties.sString3)="" Or (ProductProperties.sString3) Is Null) AND ((ProductProperties.nType)=4) AND ((ProductProperties.nValue1)=1));
      This will insert <!----> into the Retail customer message if it does not have a value assigned. Once done save and close the DB, then update the website. You should now have the discount message appearing.

Kind regards,
      Bruce King
      SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
      X