OT: Gift Voucher Generation Programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT: Gift Voucher Generation Programs

I know that Actinic doesn't handle gift vouchers, but I was wondering if anyone had found a third party program that would generate and administer electronic gift vouchers - I would prefer to keep it in-house and not use the likes of PayPal.

Richard

I would prefer to keep it in-house and not use the likes of PayPal
    I know you have said not Paypal but I have it on a few sites and it does work well. People are actively searching for sites using it.

Comment

If somebody could crack this particular issue with an easy to understand and administer system, i reckon they'd make a killing from site owners and designers.

Comment

i reckon they'd make a killing from site owners and designers.
        Your not wrong there Lee its been on the wish list for years. There was a guy a few months ago saying he was going to build some add ons but Ive not seen anything from him recently.

Comment

I've been chatting with one of my programmer chums and we reckon it is feasible to have a one-time voucher system, but it would almost certainly have to be either a self contained db driven app on the server or a separate hosted solution which could be referenced.

I'd be very interested to know what servers you guys out there generally use with actinic as php would be our dev language of choice ?
          Richard Gosler
          Phoenix Digital Media Ltd
          Dorset, UK

Comment

we are working on a one time gift voucher system and have the basics working with some perl hacks and a mysql db. Also added a php backend to administer.

next stage is to set up buying of gift vouchers through the shop, at the moment you can generate them and email to people but not buy.

watch this space...
            seo company: web development - online marketing - actinic ecommerce

Comment

Kevin - did this ever get off the ground?
              Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
              SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
              Based in rural Northants

Comment

hmmmmmm, im guessing it fell over at the last hurdle

Comment

last hurdle: Actinic

In the mean time we need to be more realistic, for this to happen, the bets route, imho, is writing a custom payment provider.

I know that the psp kit is a grand, but if someone lets me have a copy, i'll take a crack.

Comment

Hi - I have just come on here to search if anybody had a plug-in for this as gift vouchers have been requested by one of my clients today - a client who may decide to move away from Actinic if a solution cannot be found.

I know this has been on the wishlist for ages but never seems to progress any further - would anyone from Actinic like to comment on this?
                    Regards
                    David

Comment

We know it's a requested feature and we are in the process of reviewing the wish list with regards to our next major release. I can't say more than that I'm afraid.
                      Tracey
                      SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                      X