Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different shipping for trade section

Hi

I have an existing site which is consumer focused, prices are set against purchases of individual products as usual. I now want to open a trade section offering by case sales of products at reduced prices.

Currently, we have a 15Kg weight limit for consumer orders but will need to lift this to a 30Kg weight limit for trade orders. I dont want to simply add new weight categories as I want to restrict consumer purchases to 15Kg maximum. Is there a way of incorporating 2 shipping weight categories on the same site? Or another way of doing this?

The site in question is http://www.natco-online.com if it helps to look.

Bumped......

Comment

I've never heard or seen this done personally and i guess noone else has, since you've received no responses. A second trade site is what springs to mind to get round it, i can't see how without extensive amendments to actinic this could be achieved.

The extensive adjustments would cost quite a bit, if at all possible. You'd probably be wiser to upgrade to multi-site and create a second site IMO.

Comment

Thanks Lee

I thought so. Anyone got any ideas on other ways to do this - apart from opening a new site!

Comment

I too agree with Lee, a new site would be the most straightforward option. The changes required to make it possible on a single site would be too extensive and complicated and something that cannot be done in a hurry.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Could you not use customer accounts for trade and set a handling charge against the bulk purchases to get over the shipping issue

Comment

Working...
            X