Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home page title

I'm home tinkering today...can you tell? LOL

My main catalogue homepage title currently displays the variable StoreName because this is what is set up in my title tag.

Thing is..it only displays "Budget Bumps" because the field for the store name isn't big enough to add anything else!

Question (and easy one I'm sure)
    This is how the affected code currently looks...(it's buried near the end of the title tag)

Code:
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Store%20Front%20Page%22" >
    			<actinic:variable name="StoreName" />
    		</actinic:block>
    What do I replace this "StoreName" variable with to give a longer page name on the homepage?

It's the formatting I'm unsure about.

simple for someone who knows how, I'm sure

Cheers
    Tracey

Just use the normal page title variable and fill it in on the home page details.

Comment

I know that seems obvious but it won't let me use any more than 20 letters or something for the field that needs changing because it's my main page
      Ugh..I'm not explaining it well...see from the attachment what I mean?

Where I have Budget Bumps in the "Name"... I can't fit many more characters in.

So I thought maybe I could change it in the Primary template so that it doesn't use the StoreName variable but something I write instead

Does that make any sense?
      Tracey

Comment

Ah with you now. Sounds like a blockif testing for section level ==0 and put the extra text either manually into the code or create a new variable and add that instead, should only show on the store home page then. Condition will check for store top, if condition met, code fires, if not it doesn't etc.

Comment

can you edit the field in access and change the characters to more than 20

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
            put the extra text either manually into the code .
            That's what I want to do..but I'm not sure how to actually type it, IYSWIM
            LOL

Damn I feel thick today
            Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
              can you edit the field in access and change the characters to more than 20
              Erm...dunno...can I?
              LOL
              Tracey

Comment

You'd type it into the outer layout in design view(in the <title> tag), however that will then cascade across all pages so you need the blockif to test for the shop top, so it only fires on that page etc.

Comment

ok..so I just type it in place of the StoreName variable?
                  sorry to sound dim but I did try "just typing it" and it didn't appear to work
                  Do I need any additional tags or punctuation?
                  Tracey

Comment

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Store%20Front%20Page%22" >
                    <actinic:variable name="StoreName" /> - Here's the extra text i want to add in</actinic:block>

Comment

ok...it's not working

This is how it looks now

<actinic:variable name="StoreName" /> - Good-as-new and discount maternity clothing and nursing wear

But it still looks, online, like THIS

Tracey

Comment

Does that blockif sit in the title tag?

Comment

yeh..it's near the end. I haven't moved it

I'll paste the whole title tag

<TITLE> <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Section%22">
                          <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionPageTitle%22%20%2f%3e%20%20%21%3d%20%22%22">
                          <actinic:variable encoding="actinic" name="SectionPageTitle" />
                          <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionPageTitle%22%20%2f%3e%20%20%3d%3d%20%22%22" >
                          <actinic:variable name="CompanyName" /> <actinic:variable encoding="actinic" name="SectionName" />
                          <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22Section%22" >
                          <actinic:variable name="StoreName" /> - Good-as-new and discount maternity clothing and nursing wear
                          </actinic:block></TITLE>

All I did was change next to the storename bit...which, I thought, was the one limited to the store front page only?

It's not even showing in the source code online..but I'm not sure why not It uploaded every bloomin' page because it was a change in my Act_Primary layout and still did nothing.
                          Tracey

Comment

Wonder if it's this (<actinic:variable name="CompanyName" />) bringing it in, these conditions are a frigging nightmare to read, FFS Actinic get some camel casing going on, this is pants. Tracey, just try it in a different area and just do an offline preview to test - much quicker.

Comment

I translated the "companyname" bit as the additional store pages which display as "Budget Bumps" followed by the section name.

I agree it's really difficult to read set out like above though

I'll keep playing, I guess...I'm not sure what else to try
                              I started with offline previews but when what I thought should work, didn't..I thought maybe I needed to upload it.

Now I'm just stumped..

Thanks for your time though, Lee...appreciated
                              Tracey

Comment

Working...
                              X