Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hardcore V8 Ajax/php/mysql/css mod test

http://www.skateasylum.co.uk/acatalo...ight-blue.html

this page contains an experimental 'dabs.co.uk' dynamic product table.

ajax driven, from a php and mysql backend. and i'd like someone with a range of browsers to give it a test, particularly someone with OSX, and someone with vista, neither of wich i have on hand.

feedback appreciated.

Looks nice Gabe although the tabs get trashed on IE7 when i select 'basketball gear'.

Comment

actually, the test is only for the dynamic table, labelled 'Deal Finder' below the product.

but, that's a problem to be fixed too.

Comment

ah ok sorry was mooching.

The <<first>>, <<next>> links etc. when clicked lose the place on the page and jump to the top, forcing a scroll to see them again. Show all prices with 2 decimals and move the view button a bit closer, its looking a little lonely on the right hand side - apart from that looks awesome! good job that man!

Comment

good feedy backy mr hack. thanks.

btw: browser and os?

Comment

IE7 - XP Pro
            IE6 - XP Home

Comment

what about turning the whole line into the "clickable link" - youv'e got the hover over the pics, click on the picks, click on the view, but I suspect it would be just as easy to click the whole line.

need to have some contrasting colour on the back of the "white shoes" - can't see the pics. (especially on the thumbnails)

alternative idea,
              make the entries automatically re-sort/re-fetch upon change of the drop down - no need for the sort button

Comment

Nice website!!!

on the dealfinder, the first image on mouseover is under the the dropdown window stating "price lowest first 5". IE6.0.2800 windows nt.

Great job!

cheers
                Thanks!!

Regards,

Bob

www.valleydecoratingdepot.com

Comment

Nice work!

Looks fine in IE7 win xp home sp2.

The thumbnail could do with centre alignment between the left end of the table and the start of the product description and the view button would look better with some right padding too. You could also chop off the bottom right corner so it matches the rest of the boxes on the right bar of the page. At the minute it looks as though the right end of the table is missing.

Comment

thanks all for your ideas, as per usual, you're all spot on.

i missed some bits.

Comment

Vista IE7 .. Works fine....impressive.

Comment

Vista IE7 and Safari, i will fire up the mac later and give it a go

Top job, i really like your sites, i see you put a few hours into these

Darren

Comment

ah, its a group effort. a full time group effort.

i'm only responsible for the bells and whistles.

Comment

Ah so you do the fancy bits and someone else makes it look nice

Comment

You've taken this too far laddie.

*searches for `variables` in v8 user guide*
                              Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Working...
                              X