Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Securehosting and Actinic

Hi all,

Before we start i'm very new to all of this so what i need to know may be a bit sketchy - neither Actinic support or secure hosting seem to want to help me so i'm hoping all you lovely people will!!!

so here we go.....

I have built a store using Actinc Catalog V8 for a friend, he has a merchant account with Barclays and is signed up for epdq - with a little reserch i have become aware i need a gateway(i think!!) to link the two together.

I have chosen Secure hosting as they have been recommended on Actinics website.

The website is live using Actinic Hosting and i have configured the payment and secruity tab in business settings to secure hosting.

When you click on the checkout button on the website it just tells me the page cannot be displayed.

Is there anyone out there that can help??? or at least point me in the right direction........ i think my head is going to explode with it all.

Covered many times but once again the guide is here:

http://www.securehosting.com/sh2/actinic.htm#howto

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for that but, i have already followed all of that and it dosn't work - thats where my problem is.

Comment

and it dosn't work
        It does - I have set up loads of sites using it. Go through it step by step again

Comment

Have you made your request to support for the ePDQ to be activated via secure hosting?
          (many people forget this one )
          Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
          Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

If you require ePDQ to be enabled for your SecureHosting account, you must contact support to request this. It is recommended that you do this once you have finished initial testing of your shop. Once ePDQ has been enabled for your SH account you must then log in and enter your ePDQ account details in the "ePDQ Settings" page.

Comment

That seems to be something that i have missed, how does actinic know where to send the secure information? si this somethnig it does behind the scenes or do i need to put any info into the SSL network settings???

Comment

Originally posted by Simonb
                That seems to be something that i have missed, how does actinic know where to send the secure information? si this somethnig it does behind the scenes or do i need to put any info into the SSL network settings???
                You need to do nowt til you have contacted support or you will not progress at all.

Regards

Comment

Follow The Instructions - Dont Think Just Do

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                    Follow The Instructions - Dont Think Just Do
                    DDSS or what Malc!

Comment

I've lost count of the number of times a client has phoned me to sort out Actinic and they've had their "IT guy" beside them using the computer.

So I say to the client "do this"

so the IT Guy "does that" - coz of course he knows best and thats why they are phoning me.

My usual polite request to the client is tell your IT guy to take out his brain (I'm being polite) and stop thinking and pretend he is a monkey then we'll get along.

Clients tend to find this quite funny

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                        I've lost count of the number of times a client has phoned me to sort out Actinic and they've had their "IT guy" beside them using the computer.

So I say to the client "do this"

so the IT Guy "does that" - coz of course he knows best and thats why they are phoning me.

My usual polite request to the client is tell your IT guy to take out his brain (I'm being polite) and stop thinking and pretend he is a monkey then we'll get along.

Clients tend to find this quite funny
                        Love it Jo.....

Comment

Working...
                        X