Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protx setup

I keep getting this error message when i try to get to the test site:
    Incomplete information submitted. The VendorTxCode field may be missing or you may have used an incorrect encryption password.

I have spoken to Protx and everything is ok their end so they say so am now lost as to what to do.

I had this problem when I upgraded from V7 to V8. Are you upgrading or is it a new V8 site?

Have you tried the solution in [URL="http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=23285"]THIS THREAD[
    /URL]

(This assumes you have a previous V7 site folder.. beyond that, I'll have to leave it to someone who's experienced the error/issue with a different cause)
    Tracey

Comment

it was a V8 site from the start.
      I have followed the instructions from Protx and it just wont work, they said to contact actinic direct which i have done 3 times over the last week but to no joy from either of them.
      I did the same for Able2buy and Actinic just crashed

Comment

ok then...
        Does THIS POST help at all?

The whole process is a bit quirky and doesn't quite work as it should!

I'm just trying to find all the instances of this error (and I've had several myself) and their solutions in the hope one might help.
        Tracey

Comment

i tried that too and all i get is an error message sying notepad cant do something or other and it wont save the changes.

Now where is my hammer

Comment

Can you confirm that you have

a) inputted your secret key into Actinic
            b) inputted your encryption pw into the occprotx file
            c) increased the .ini file (number at the top) by 1

Are you on a protx test server?

Is this a clean install of v8.5.1.0.0.0.HFUA or patch upgrade?

Regards
            Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
            Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

all three correct i have checked and re checked them.

I have done the full upgrade to 8.5.1 yesterday which i downloaded from the actinic site.

there were 2 options one was full upgrade the other was just a patch.

Doing the full upgrade cured the problem i had with not being able to snapshot or upload the site

We have filled all the Protx stuff in and have been sent the encryption passwords etc that we need and i have contacted them about this issue, they said t check the same three things you have and if that does not work to contact actinic

Comment

Working...
              X