ActinicStyleSheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ActinicStyleSheet

ActinicStyleSheet has reverted to one line when editting within Actinic interface, hopefully there's an easy button to press to get it back to a nice linear display so I can find stuff?

the right click, Locate in actinicstylesheet doesn't work now... which is a real pain, such a nice feature given and then so cruelly taken away

Jo,

Which version are you talking about here?

I'm on 8.5.1.0.0.0.HFUA and the stylesheet displays as normal with the right click enabled! It gives me the pop-up window to edit!

Regards,
    David
    -----------------------------
    www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by dscontroller
      Jo,

Which version are you talking about here?

I'm on 8.5.1.0.0.0.HFUA and the stylesheet displays as normal with the right click enabled! It gives me the pop-up window to edit!

Regards,
      David
      Same here Jo, I did have this issue in a previous version (HERA I think).
      Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
      Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

I upgraded to HFUA earlier this week

Comment

Jo - I'm having trouble understanding what you mean here. Is this the same issue as http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=30364 or is it different?

Could you maybe post a screenshot?

Comment

D you mean it lays out like it does when you open it in notepad from explorer?
            All on one line, almost impossible to find anything
            Tracey

Comment

No Chris its different, although it crossed my mind that it could be a knock on effect to the registry change that I implemented.

first image is design view of actinicstylesheet, ie all on one line

second image is the result of right click on Product Name (locate in actinicstylesheet), again css all on one line and doesn't take me to the code.
              Attached Files

Comment

it looks like the style sheet is the one that is generated when you've got the "code compression" turned on when you upload to the web site.

You can change it back by highlighting the whole lot and pasting it into MSword.
                then use the replace function to replace every } with }^p
                and also every ; with ;^p^t

the first one will replace every } with a } and a CRLF and the second one will replace every ; with a ; and a CRLF and a TAB
                there may be the odd bit that doesn't re-format, but its a darned site better than nothing.
                if you're happy, cut and past it back to the actinic.css and save it.

Comment

just found this web site, it will do all the re-formatting of the css code for the style sheet you need - eg take one long line, and make into individual lines.

http://www.cleancss.com/

Comment

Excellent, that has reformatted my css so its readable.

locate in stylesheet still doesn't work though

Comment

Sadly my stylesheet has reverted to compressed format Again,

I used CompleteRookies's URL to http://www.cleancss.com/ and reformatted my stylesheet, but its all to pot and compressed to one line again...

Comment

I have experienced the same when installing an snapshot onto a clients machine. My copy is perfectly formatted but upon importing into the clients machine the stylesheet compacts into a single line! My machine is set to compact code as is the clients.

Bikster
                        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Likewise. This happened to me too on importing an updated client snapshot for checking - the css was all in one line - it certainly wasn't when I sent it out.

Comment

If you download editplus and then open it in that program and then click word wrap. It will line brake everything for you. Then save

Comment

Why it should happen in the first place that needs resolving .... no differences between Actinic versions and site settings should keep the formatting and not compact to a single line.

Bikster
                              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
                              X