Choice dependent pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choice dependent pricing

I'm pretty familiar with how to setup choice dependent pricing using components but what do you do if the price is dependent on two choices? For example, if i'm selling mugs I want people to choose their quantity and how many colours of print they want on the mug. So the price depends on both of those choices. Is it possible to do this using two separate components?
    Cheers
    Stuart

I think you use 2 Attributes attached to the one Component. Then you can associate prices to all combinations thereof.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

This seems to work in principle but the problem i've now got is there are two quantity options on the page (the standard 'enter quantity' text box and my drop-down box)

What I did to get around that was to comment out the line of code that displays the text box for the quantity. This made the quantity text box disappear but when I tested how it works online I got an error saying

"The quantity must be a whole number between 1 and 32767."

Does anyone know how I can get around this?
      Cheers
      Stuart

Comment

"The quantity must be a whole number between 1 and 32767."
        Souns like you are not using productID - upgrade to the latest version of V8 - if you are using any mods from the AUG check that they use productID

Comment

I'm not using any mods from the user guide but I also can't see any mention of product_id in the code.

The advanced user guide (pg35) has a snippet of code for replacing the quanitity box with a drop-down menu but I can't do this as i've got permutations attached to the quantity and other choices the user will make also.

Is it just a case of adding product_id to the drop-down menu code?
          Cheers
          Stuart

Comment

Rather than commenting out the Quantity field, comment out or delete the prompt but leave the <input ... > field in place and change it from type="text" to type="hidden".

Comment

Perfect! That's worked, thank you!

The only other thing I need to do is to fix my pricing model. In the component permutations I have entered my prices as the unit price rather than the overall price. The problem is if I try to buy 250 of the colour white then the total shows as 33p...it should actually be 33p each, so £82.50!!

Is Actinic capable of working this out or do I need to do it another way?
              Cheers
              Stuart

Comment

Actinic is uanware that you are using an Attribute as a pack quantity. You'll have to put the pack price against such combinations.

Comment

Working...
                X