Sudden site meltdown????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sudden site meltdown????

A customer of ours has suddenly started recieving the following error on his site

A General Script Error Occurred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: Error opening configuration file ../acatalog/A000.cat. No such file or directory
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner.

He has done nothing different to what he has been doing the last few months and all of a sudden this happens, he says when he trys to refresh his site it brings to upload files then just hangs and eventually times out. What could have caused this and how do i fix it?

I have checked the directory permissions and they are all fine and the files and directroy are all their, ive even checked the network settings and they are exactlly as they were when the site was setup

If he definitely hasn't done anything and nothing has become corrupted, i'd put a large bet on something having changed at the host's end.

Get him to run a network test.

Comment

during the network test he recieves the same problem as refreshing the site, it just hangs and then times out

Comment

It might be worth running the network wizard (Web | Configure Web Site Details) to see if it picks up any possible changes.

If that fails I would double check the permissions again. For Linux:

acatalog - 777
        cgi-bin - 755

Failing that log a support request here.
        Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Working...
        X