X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geotrust code making Actinic run slower than treacle

I have just added the following code to my layout pages:

<!-- GeoTrust QuickSSL [tm] Smart Icon tag. Do not edit. -->
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" TYPE="text/javascript" SRC="//smarticon.geotrust.com/si.js"></SCRIPT>
    <!-- end GeoTrust Smart Icon tag -->

It makes Actinic run very very slow. Is there a way to make Actinic run back to normal speed?

Originally posted by remmo
    I have just added the following code to my layout pages:

<!-- GeoTrust QuickSSL [tm] Smart Icon tag. Do not edit. -->
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" TYPE="text/javascript" SRC="//smarticon.geotrust.com/si.js"></SCRIPT>
    <!-- end GeoTrust Smart Icon tag -->

It makes Actinic run very very slow. Is there a way to make Actinic run back to normal speed?
    Hi Remmo

We have this with one or two clients too. Best thing to do is <!--COMMENT IT OUT--> until you are ready to publish and then take out the <!---->

HTH
    rEGARDS
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

At least I now know I'm not the only one... that is a little bit of comfort.

Commenting it out is going to be a bit of a pain as I have the logo on all pages - so each time I want to add or change something I'll need to comment it or put up with it.

Comment

Originally posted by remmo
        At least I now know I'm not the only one... that is a little bit of comfort.

Commenting it out is going to be a bit of a pain as I have the logo on all pages - so each time I want to add or change something I'll need to comment it or put up with it.
        Oh dear....

We use a centralised layout for our product pages (for most clients) and as a result we only need to do it once.

Do you need to display it on every page? Why not just in section pages and checkout?

Just a thought....

Regards
        Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
        Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by los_design
          We use a centralised layout for our product pages (for most clients) and as a result we only need to do it once.
          Yep - this sort of thing needs adding into a layout, either the outer layout or it's own layout ... you can then easily show of hide the code from altering just the once place - if you can really tricky you can use the true/false type of layout and set at the main site level to "true" ie show on all pages and then switch it to "false" when you don't want it .. either site wide or on a section by section basis.

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

OK I'm putting this down to being 11pm over here and getting a little tired... why didn't I think of this?
            Last edited by remmo; 19-Jun-2007, 01:01 PM. Reason: can't even spell anymore

Comment

Working...
            X