bottom misbehaving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bottom misbehaving

The bottom menu on my page is not behaving as it should.

In IE it remains at the bottom of the page even if the content is long like it is on this page.

However when viewing this same page in FF the menu remains stuck half way up. I'm at a bit of a loss here. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Most likely cause is that #m_footernav is being positioned relatively .... what is the parent block this is referring to? Most likely #b_onlinehoneyshop which is also being positioned relatively!

Without spending hours looking through the compacted code and structure of the HTML have you tried adding a <div> with a clear:both just before the #m_footernav

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

it's being positioned below your left nav by FF - this is correct - it's sticking to W3C standards.

IE is positioning it relative to the previous DIV (the main area).

You'll need to adjust your code

You have 3 opening DIVs in a row:

<DIV id="m_wrapper"><DIV id="m_contentwrapper"><DIV id="m_col_mainbrochure">

however you are only closing the last DIV before opening the m_footernav DIV - so it's sitting within the m_contentwrapper DIV... hope this makes sense - I haven't looked through it thoroughly but that appears to be the problem...

<edit>

if you move it to within the m_col_mainbrochure DIV (i.e. don't close it before opening the footer DIV) it should sit nicely at the bottom of the main content DIV (m_col_mainbrochure) and so be at the bottom of the page even on longer pages.
      Last edited by dallen; 19-Jun-2007, 02:11 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

Thanks Jont and Dave,

Moved a </div> to close the m_contentwrapper later... that seems to have fixed the problem... in preview anyway.

Comment

Bottom Misbehaving Normally on a friday night after a beer and curry

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
            Bottom Misbehaving Normally on a friday night after a beer and curry
            Resisted all temptation to reply on this one!
            Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
            Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by los_design
              Resisted all temptation to reply on this one!
              so did I!!

ETS...knew someone would do it though...my money was on George or Darren!
              Tracey

Comment

My money was on G but i guess hes knocked of for the night

Comment

Working...
                X