Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Login form - adding to additional pages - HOW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login form - adding to additional pages - HOW?

http://www.buyit247.com

There is a form, standard with Actinic that lets users log in (in this instance for Trade pricing).

I have tried to add the same form to another page here...

http://www.buyit247.com/acatalog/Traders_Corner.html

However, when I submit I get an error. Does anyone know 1. Why? and 2. How the heck do I solve it?

The way I have added this code is by pasting the code below into the text section of this Fragment...

"
    !!<<table width="450" border="0">
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">
    [Registered]
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>
    <b>[UsernamePrompt]</b>
    </td>
    <td>
    <input type="text" name="USER" size="20" maxlength="60" />
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>
    <b>[PasswordPrompt]</b>
    </td>
    <td>
    <input type="password" name="PASS" size="20" maxlength="60" />
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">
    <input type="submit" name="ACTION" value="[Login]" onclick="SubmitLogin(this.form.name);" />
    <input type="hidden" name="HASH" value="" />
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2">
    <Actinic:PRODUCTNOTAVAILABLE />
    [Unregistered]
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsSSLUsedForWholeSite%22%20%2f%3e" />
    <input type="hidden" name="SSLBOUNCE" value="1" />
    </actinic:block>
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsSSLNotUsed%22%20%2f%3e">
    <input type="hidden" name="SSLBOUNCE" value="" />
    </actinic:block>

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    for (nIndex = 0; nIndex < document.forms.length; nIndex++)
    {
    if (document.forms[nIndex] && document.forms[nIndex].USER)
    {
    document.forms[nIndex].USER.focus();
    }
    }
    // -->
    </script>

<input type="hidden" name="challenge" value="[Challenge]" />
    <input type="hidden" name="challengeout" value="" />!!"

Not the right way to do it. />!!" should be />>!! no " needed at either end.

Easiest way to do this is;

just position the cursor in the correct location in Design Tab - Layout Code window, right click and 'Insert layout' - choose LoginLayout from the listbox.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi,

But won't that add the layout box on every page? I only want it on that one specific page.

Thanks in advance - Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Spiral
        Hi,

But won't that add the layout box on every page? I only want it on that one specific page.

Thanks in advance - Ben
        Create another page for this purpose and allocate the layout to this one?

Don't think of actinic as just a shipping cart, use it as a CMS too.

HTH
        Regards
        Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
        Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Not sure I follow, it's in its own section, in its own fragment as it is.

Is there no way of getting this login window to appear just once in this fragment?

Comment

Not sure I follow, it's in its own section, in its own fragment as it is.

Is there no way of getting this login window to appear just once in this fragment?
            Hi Ben

In Actinic, you can allocate a different external layout/design to every page.

In essence, you can design a new layout specifically for this purpose and in the site layout allocate it to be a login page only and then add the variable thus it will only be used on this page.

Does that help?

Comment

I only want it on that one specific page.
              Hmm - sorry - I was misled by the thread title to believe you would re-use this on several pages
              Bill

Comment

Originally posted by los_design
                Hi Ben

In Actinic, you can allocate a different external layout/design to every page.

In essence, you can design a new layout specifically for this purpose and in the site layout allocate it to be a login page only and then add the variable thus it will only be used on this page.

Does that help?
                That sounds like a plan...

However, sorry to be a dunce but could you explain (or point me in the direction of some instructions) how I take a section and amend the layout to be a new layout so I can add the login section just for that page/section so it won't repeat elsewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
                  Hmm - sorry - I was misled by the thread title to believe you would re-use this on several pages
                  Hi Bill, yes, I can see how the use of a plural confused matters. Apologies.

Comment

Anyone point me in the right direction on this?

Comment

Hi Ben,

That sounds like a plan...

However, sorry to be a dunce but could you explain (or point me in the direction of some instructions) how I take a section and amend the layout to be a new layout so I can add the login section just for that page/section so it won't repeat elsewhere?
                      Yes, select the section in the 'Content Tree'. On the 'Section Details' pane, switch to the 'Layout' tab. For the 'Overall Page Layout' select '<New>'. Give your new layout a name (eg Login Section Page) and base it on your existing section page outer layout (eg 'Works Best With Smart').

You can now edit your new layout, either on the 'Design' tab in exactly the same way as you would edit any other layout, or via the library, where it will have been added to the 'Web Page Outer Layouts' group.

Incidentally, if you wanted to use this new layout for another section page you could, it will now appear in the drop-down list for the overall layouts for all your section pages.

However, you'd be better served editing the inner layout in this instance, as it is not the Outer layout where you want to effect the change. For this, you will need to change the 'Main Product Area Layout' for the section. Unfortunately, this selector does not include the '<New>' option so you will need to add the new layout directly in the library.

Go to 'Design | Library' and expand the group called 'Web Page Inner Layout', right-click and select 'New Layout' create your new layout (eg Login Section Page) but don't base it on anything this time. Now you can edit it and insert the code that Bill recommends, once you're done, double-click on the 'MainArea' layout selector and ensure that your new layout is one of the ones offered by the selector. You should then be able to select this new Inner layout for your login section page.

Kind Regards,
                      Lara Clark

SellerDeck

Comment

Close but no cigar!

Lara - thanks very much for taking the time to write that, I have a much better understanding of that now.

I have followed the suggestions and the login in now looks like I want it to but when I try and use it I get the following error...

"A General Script Error Occurred
                        Error: Could not locate the product reference.Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner"

See for yourself here...

http://www.buyit247.com/acatalog/Traders_Corner.html

Why am I getting an error here and not when I click the 'normal' login button top right?

I added the login section as described above (right click > insert etc)

Comment

It now sounds as though the login form may be inside the main content form, and HTML does not allow nested forms. Make sure the opening <form> tag for the login comes after the </form> that closes the main shopping form.

[edit]I followed the link, but did not find a login form on the page to check. I hacked around a couple of other sections, but found nowt.[end edit]
                          Last edited by wjcampbe; 26-Jun-2007, 11:08 AM. Reason: clarify that I did look
                          Bill

Comment

Hi Bill, if you click that link it is right there, I just re-freshed the site - let me know if you see it now?

Not quite sure how you mean here bill. The only thing in that particular fragment in the loginselector - nothing else. How can I therefore move it with regards to nested forms?

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
                              It now sounds as though the login form may be inside the main content form, and HTML does not allow nested forms. Make sure the opening <form> tag for the login comes after the </form> that closes the main shopping form.
                              Got that here too, also you are calling for non-secure data when you move into the checkout hence the error message, you may want to convert your image links to document relative (/image_name.jpg) rather than absolute (http://www.yoursite.com/image_name.jpg) of course adding any folder name if it is present.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                              X