Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Block if

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows a way to remove all the "block if" references

Regards Liam

Well only a man 3 hours before death row would consider such a crazy thing, but if you want to get rid of them, just highlight them in the design pane and click delete.

Make sure you snapshot before you do anything though as you can be guaranteed to want them back in very quickly after this escapade.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
      Well only a man 3 hours before death row would consider such a crazy thing
      What exactly are you wanting to achieve? Deleting them all is a mightily brave thing to be doing.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I was wondering if anyone knows a way to remove all the "block if" references
        if you want Actinic not to work then go ahead.... but there are other ways of committing professional suicide than this one

Maybe you should rephrase your question to ask what you really want to do

Comment

Answering other questions

By remove the "block if" i mean, is there any way to remove these references as they add even more code which isn't needed.

Blocking the code together is a good idea but without giving comment before each block people are going to spend a lot of time opening and closing the "Blocks" to find the code they want to edit, especially with all the new templates that need to be enter.

So is there any way to remove the "Block if" from every template in one go or is this something I will need to live with.
          Last edited by ldkemp; 19-Jun-2007, 04:01 PM. Reason: To answer other responses

Comment

Yes - but deleting all the Block if's will give you a bigger surprise of killing your site. No questions.

If there is something that is adding additional code you don't need then best to delete on an item by item basis and not a global deletion (you could try a find in code search and replace with a space if you really want to go that route)

** edit **

previous post amended

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by ldkemp
              By remove the "block if" i mean, is there any way to remove these references as they add even more code which isn't needed.

Blocking the code together is a good idea but without giving comment before each block people are going to spend a lot of time opening and closing the "Blocks" to find the code they want to edit, especially with all the new templates that need to be enter.

So is there any way to remove the "Block if" from every template in one go or is this something I will need to live with.
              The block ifs do not work that way - I think you are talking about the way they are collapsing to save space on the screen.

The block ifs are actual test conditions that work along the lines of

block if
              does the add to cart button need showing
              /block if

if the condition is true then the cart button is shown

Bikster

Comment

Thank you

Great, Its something I will have to learn to live with

Thank you for your help
                Last edited by ldkemp; 19-Jun-2007, 04:10 PM. Reason: Adding more info

Comment

Sounds a bit like taking your parachute off just before jumping out of the plane!
                  Brian
                  www.flowergallery.co.uk
                  Same day flower delivery to UK
                  Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
                  International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

if you hover over the blockif it tells you the underlying condition

Comment

Your code is not bloated online where it counts, the conditions are processed on your desktop before upload.

Comment

cool username, Mr Newton
                        Tracey

Comment

Working...
                        X