No announcement yet.

Only showing some of the new products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just implemented this on surf-wax - just uploaded NEW PRODUCTS - first time in 6 years this site actually now sells surf wax.

But i digress, i'm using mini bestseller layout and mini new productslayout, on the brochure home page i display 1-6, then on the bestseller and new product pages i also display 7-12.

Problem is on brochure page i get emptly table cells created for 7-12 resulting in the big gap and the bottom of the New Products aka Hot new arrivals and the first fragment.

any ideas how to close this?

Marketing lists are left to self generate and are set to 12

Comment

This doesn't happen here

I still only have 6 set up all over..but I just went into my best sellers and added a 7th.
      Checked it added it to the homepage best sellers (which has new product below it) and it had...1 item on a 3rd row with 2 blank cells after

Added the blockif to the mini best sellers layout and it only shows the first 6..but with no blank cells or spaces..it's laid out exactly the same as with only 6 set up in the marketing menu.
      Last edited by TraceyHand; 29-Jun-2007, 09:18 PM. Reason: completely incoherant opening line LOL
      Tracey

Comment

I still only have 6 set up all over..but I just went into my best sellers and added a 7th.
        Checked it added it to the homepage best sellers (which has new product below it) and it had...1 item on a 3rd row with 2 blank cells after
        thats not the same comparison.

my 3rd and 4th rows shouldn't be there at all, but instead they are collapsed and thus using space, I'd get the same as you if I added a 7th product, ie a product and 2 empty cells

Comment

I know...but what I said after that was when I then added the blockif (I just experimented to check) it did remove ALL content after the 6th product...and didn't leave any additional rows etc...collapsed or otherwise

I wasn't deliberately trying to be unhelpful
          Tracey

Comment

Sorry I'm tired, I didn't mean to sound ungrateful, whats your block if?
            this is mine
            Code:
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%20%20%20%3c%3d%206" >
            	<actinic:variable value="Mini New Products Item" name="NewProductsItem" />
            </actinic:block>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%20%3e%206%20and%20%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionName%22%20%2f%3e%20%20%3d%3d%20%22New%20Products%22" >
            In English always show listindex 1-6

if new products page also show 7-12

so the problem is when its not new products it still showing the empty table for 7-12

Comment

jees..these blockifs can send a person screwy, can't they?

I have no idea why yours isn't working.
              Get this...

I added a 7th product to my new items list to trial this.

Copied and pasted your code into my homepage new products list layout

Ended up with those pesky spaces (and 2 empty cells because I'd only got 7 to begin with...but anyways..)

edited and deleted all sorts and couldn't get rid of the empty space

Even pasted my OWN code (which is identical to your btw)

Code:
              <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%3c%3d6">
              and it gave the same problem with the empty cells (which I didn't have previously and I've always been using this blockif!)

Removed the blockif (7 product showing)
              Went back into Marketing lists...removed 7th item...added it back in again.
              Re-added the block if

Looks fine...AOK...no extra cells/whitespace etc

So....umm...kinda inconclusive, I suppose.

Only suggestion I have is remove the code...re-do the new items list in the marketing and re-apply the code??

Seems buggy to me
              Tracey

Comment

Empty cell with &nbsp; added? padding applied possibly?

Comment

padding applied possibly?
                  ahh... padding

Comment

ahh..but it's not the padding itself doing it..it's the second blockif

How do you get around that then?

would you have to add a whole other "homepage best sellers" layout and add the second condition to that instead rather than having them both in one layout?
                    Tracey

Comment

Wrap the whole thing in a div and apply the padding to the div, then remove any padding and border from the table layout or better still convert that to divs and they will self collapse if they are empty.

Comment

its abit more complex than that as there's crappy actinic CSS to take out of the equation with shims and all sorts of c**p - but essentially you've pointed me in the right direction Lee

I had considered tracy's idea of 2 layouts, but I think i'd prefer the purist solution

a job for the morning i think

Comment

Don't let it beat you Pinny! You have to crack it, even if it's just for this one occasion!

Comment

Don't forget any rubbish in the start of the layout list which may be taken into consideration... and STOP USING TABLES!!!!

Bikster
                            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
                              Don't forget any rubbish in the start of the layout list which may be taken into consideration... and STOP USING TABLES!!!!
                              LOL Jont! That thought had crossed my mind, the actual layout inc prod name, price, description is CSS but its the poxy "List Layout Settings" that are the table.

Comment

Remove the list layouts Jo and just put <div> at the start and </div> at the end, do that across your site and 40% of the useless css disappears. 40% of people still using IE6 and standard actinic displays wrong on that browser. I just don't think you can use their css for a cross browser website at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X