Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact Form Error

I get this when I use my contact form.

Error returned from SMTP server (1: SMTP Authentication is not supported by this server!)
    Please wait for your browser to forward you to the next page or click here.

Have checked all the settings in advanced network setup and they seem ok to me but when I do a test I get the following.

The computer you specified as your mail server is not a valid mail (SMTP) server. Check the computer name or address and try again. If it fails again, then it is possible, you were locked out by a firewall program, or you don't have network connection to this server.

Any ideas, it means absolutely nothing to me, no clue whatsoever so as usual please answer gently!

Cheers
    Malc
    http://www.kultya.com

What do you have as the SMTP server in your network settings.

If you say who your host is, then someone hosting with them might be able to provide the smtp details they used, or do a search of the forum for that hosts name to see what others have encountered and overcome with them.

Comment

Thanks, its oneandone so setting is auth.smtp.oneandone.co.uk

Cheers
      Malc

Comment

Malc

Do a search on oneandone. There are a number of posts relating to this problem. Try out the settings in there and see what you get.

HTH

[EDIT] Have a look here

Comment

Thanks, been through all of those threads, tried everything suggested and still no joy.

What is really annoying is that it worked originally when we loaded the site, no email settings have been changed and now it doesn't work.

Why are simple things so difficult sometimes?

Cheers
          Malc

Comment

Remove your SMTP settings in Network set up and replace the SMTP Server with:

localhost

Uncheck Username and Password required and then give it a test

Best of luck

Comment

1 and 1 Linux or 1 and 1 Windows? Not that it should make any difference I have sites on both and all use the auth.smtp.oneandone.co.uk without username or password and with the 'required' box empty.
              Bill
              www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
              Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
              BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
              Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
              VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
              Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

This has driven me nuts now. I'm in one of those moods where I could simply launch my laptop through the window.

Does anyone know whether this is an actinic or oneandone problem? Whichever it is will be parting company with me quite soon.

Could really do without this, just wanna build my products but not before sorting out these poxy issues!

Any further ideas would be appreciated!

Comment

are you sitting behind a firewall?
                  have you uploaded and tested you site by buying something and checking out to see if you get any errors?

i learnt along time ago, you better of hosting with a company that actualy advertises they support actinic.

The problem you are suffering is going to be come even greater for many as isp's tighten up there security to reduce spamming

Darren

Comment

These are the settings that I use on 1and1 which certainly work:
                    http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=28934

What you could also check is that your email address is correctly set in the Business Settings; that the email acount is correctly set in the 1and1 control panel; and also that you have sent and received at least one email using a normal email client for that email address.

Comment

missed that one duncan, had with pinbrook, used a different domain, although it redirects it failed my emails and customer never got the order reciepts.

Thought actinic was spamming

Comment

had with pinbrook, used a different domain,
                        we tightened our security recently where you must match the domain of the SMTP server and the email in business setting

thus SMTP server = mail.yourdomain.co.uk (no user/password)

business settings prefix@yourdomain.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                          we tightened our security recently where you must match the domain of the SMTP server and the email in business setting

thus SMTP server = mail.yourdomain.co.uk (no user/password)

business settings prefix@yourdomain.co.uk

sorry Jo, was not complaining just using it as an example. I set up cabp.co.uk with redirect because using that and the site actually sitting on casupply.co.uk was causing cookie problems and empty baskets as it bounced between the 2. But i forgot to update the email address in actinic and this caused the problem.

Maybe you can tell me though? Is there an easier way to reroute the emails.
                          i have individual accounts that forward
                          x @ cabp.co.uk to x @ casupply.co.uk
                          y @ cabp.co.uk to y @ casupply.co.uk

is it possible to have all email address automatically redirect to the corresponding email address, if you know what i mean

Cheers
                          Darren

Comment

Working...
                          X