Shipping calculations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping calculations

Is it possible to use a system where shipping is based on a perecentage of the order value? e.g. for orders over £100 shipping is 10% of the order value?

Thank you

It may be possible to achieve this using a number of surcharges that are triggered when the value of the shopping basket reaches certain values. I operate a simple postage model that adds the set postage charge to the basket when the value is >0.01. The surcharges can be percentages instead of fixed amounts. You could (I think) have a surcharge called, say, "Postage A" that is X% and triggered when the value is >0.01, a second called "Postage B" that is X% and triggered when the value is >50.00 and so on.

If you go down this method you also have the advantage of being able to display the postage method as soon as something is added to the basket. You would also have to disable postage charges too, so you don’t charge the customer twice (surcharge and postage).

This method won't, of course, work if you operate a complex shipping model (i.e. method and regions)

HTH

Chris
    Ladies Swimwear
    www.li-fi.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X