update basket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update basket

I have a series of linked Actinic sites operating under the same domain. Each obviously has it's own basket, and customers order from each site separately.

My problem is that after adding to the basket in one 'site', if the customer switches to another 'site', the mini-basket summary line is incorrect (i.e. the basket from the previous site) until the customer navigates within the second site.

Was wondering whether I can force the basket to refresh on each page load - but need to be careful that it doesn't start adding extra products if refreshed on a cart page etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks, Dan
    adaptive-image.co.uk

Dan, each 'shop' will need to install its own uniquely name cookie to track basket contents. It sounds as though your 'shops' are using the same cookie name and so each one picks up the others' basket details.

That probably means some perl customisation on each site.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

You may find that changing the script id number to be different for each site might help you get around the problem

Comment

Thanks chaps,

Yes, they do use the same cookie (it's the same domain). I will try the script ID idea, I reckon that should work.

Thanks again, Dan
        adaptive-image.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X