Help - Evaluation Version 24days left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - Evaluation Version 24days left

Please help me I have been trying out the trial version now I can not get in to it says Please log on to site 1, i do not have a password for this can not get any further without what can i do??? do i need to download another and if so will i loss all the other work i have already done??

Sounds like you have password protected it by mistake. Have you taken any backups or snapshots? if you have don't worry they will hold all of your information. If you haven't done any, then start doing them, this is something you must start doing. There is a tutorial on my site about snapshots, have a read.

In the meantime if a blank password doesn't work, i'd contact actinic support and see if they can do anything to help. Perhaps there is a default password they can tell you, unless you've changed it.

I have never personally heard of this problem, i guess it could be something to do with your system rather than actinic, i'd suggest looking up that avenue.

May also be wise to open up the database in Access if you can and save a copy elsewhere.

Comment

Sounds like you have selected 'Enable Logon and Card Encryption' from Settings | Business Settings |Options. Try the default password of 'Administrator' (case sensitive)
      Cheers

David
      Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

no that didnt work "bad password" and you are right i was editing payment options

Comment

Has anyone else been using it? somebody must have selected the feature and know the password?

Any backups? If not i think you are buggered. You are probably in the same situation as if your pc was stolen or blew up. You can copy paste from your site, that's about it.

Comment

no just me using this pc

Comment

Start copying the info from your test site then before you lose that too.

Comment

I will, thank you

Comment

i thought the default password was administrator too

Comment

downloaded new one how do i set the password so i wouldn't have same prob again??? does anyone know

Comment

Originally posted by Geri
                      downloaded new one how do i set the password so i wouldn't have same prob again??? does anyone know
                      On both the Administrator account and your own User account at the operating system level.

Stop other people accessing your programme settings and don't complicate things by passwording the software itself.
                      Bill
                      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Think the password is Administrator but with capital A otherwise will not work. guess bit late with this
                        Chris Ashdown

Comment

you are correct the default password is

Administrator

Comment

Working...
                          X