Checkout T&Cs Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checkout T&Cs Query

I have a downloadable set of T&Cs in pdf format which I want to be able to link to from the checkout page rather than it saying "...accept the Terms and Conditions displayed below" and putting them in Business Settings.

Is anyone able to to tell me how do I change the link to read "here" and be a hyperlink to download this?

Any help would be much appreciated

Pete

Include the pdf file into additional files and then link to it via a normal <a href="blahblah">here</a>, You just need to select the page in design view and include that code where you want it. Make sure you remove the previous blurb in business settings.

Comment

Thanks for this Lee, but which page do I need to amend as I cannot seem to get to the checkout page within Catalog, I see from the website the checkout page is os000001 within the cgi-bin, but when I search for it within my sites, it comes up as a notepad file - is it this I need to amend?

Comment

select design view tab and then select it from the drop down box...

Comment

I have uploaded the additional file and am unsure how to link to that through the coding. I tried linking the a href=" http://www.mycompany.co.uk/termsofsale.pdf" on each of the checkout pages but upon going to page 3 Catalog crashed, so I have logged it with Cover and they are going to come back to me.

Just so I know I haven't made a big mistake, linking to the additional file that I have uploaded - what folder should I put it in and how do I link to this through the a href link?

Thanks

Comment

Put it in the site1 folder, include it in additional files and it will reside in the 'acatalog' folder on your site where everything shop related does. You have uploaded it to the root it would appear, however i'm not sure how. Let actinic put it in the acatalog folder and then you just link to it in that location.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
              ... link to it in that location...
              So literally just ....a href="site1/termsofsale.pdf"

???

Comment

No Peter you are linking to it on the web, not your computer. Nobody else in the world can link to your PC so that would fail.

If i knew your url and filename, i'd give you the full code, just apply the logic to this below:

<a href="http://www.mysite.co.uk/acatalog/pdfname.pdf">HERE</a>

put that file in additional files and upload.

You are telling the link, where the file is on the WWW, where your store operates basically.

Comment

Ok, have tried that but as I say, Checkout page 3 keeps crashing the whole programme whenever I try to amend that so will wait to see what Actinic come back with on that front, but thanks for your help Lee

Comment

That's a bug Peter, you are not alone, support will shrug their shoulders.

Comment

Peter,

Checkout Page 3 is the Actinic Java Applet. This page is generally not available for editing unless you are using the specific method to collect payments.

Go into 'Business Settings | Payment and Security | Select a default payment method | Click on 'Configure Method''

Now select 'Actinic Inbuilt Encryption (Java Applet)' click on apply then Ok and exit. You now go to the Design tab and select 'Checkout Page 3' and you should see that the page loads correctly.

Kind regards,
                      Bruce King
                      SellerDeck

Comment

The latest Java update (6.1 I think it was) may be causing this. Remove the update and it should be ok.

Comment

Coooooooooooooool a fix, i kept forgetting about this and crashing and then cursing myself for my bad memory. Nice one Bruce, cheers.

Comment

Working...
                          X