Updating website problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating website problem

Version 8.5.0. Business Multisite. I have a site that uploads every page each time I do an upload even if I have only changed one product on the site. All my other sites does not do this and the worst part about it is that it's the largest site and an upload normally takes over five hours.

Anyone got any ideas?
    Fitness for life!www.fitness-focus.co.uk

DIFN - Doing nothing is not an option

The Supplement Warehouse - Bodybuilding & Fitness Supplements

Are your Best Sellers or New Products changing each time? If so then there is some info in the AUG to help with this or you can change the configuration of them to be more suitable.

Comment

Marketing lists in sidebars set to update each upload?

or

Looping javascript or php.

Comment

The Marketing lists are set to never as they rarely change.
        Fitness for life!www.fitness-focus.co.uk

DIFN - Doing nothing is not an option

The Supplement Warehouse - Bodybuilding & Fitness Supplements

Comment

Do you import a snapshot at all first?
          To confirm things you could grab the source code from a page that you don't expect to change, do an upload and then compare the resultant code for any changes.

Comment

Owen,

I see that you have called in support, the issue is with development at the moment.

A few things you can check in the mean time...

1) Is this behaviour limited to changes made to products in all sections or just one
            2) If it is a single section, then create a new section with a dummy name, open section wiht the issue and then cut all products and paste to the new section. Delete the old one then rename the temp to the old name.

Upload to check if this helps... If that does not, then we will have to see a snapshot, you will have to upload it to your server and drop the support person a note with a link and then development can check it properly.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X