PayPal Payments Pro problem(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal Payments Pro problem(s)

Hair required - I've pulled all mine out !

I recently 'upgraded' to PayPal Payments Pro, and I am now regreting it !

If a customer checks out with a debit/credit account the customers address, e-mail and telephone number are not passed to PayPal, therefore in PayPal all I get is an amount with no customer details !

If a customer checks using Express Checkout for PayPal account holders, it records all of the details and takes payment for the goods, but this time, does not include shipping !

I have told Actinic about this - but so far they have not come up with a solution. That was a week ago now, and it is costing me money as PayPal account holders are buying shipping free !

Anyone else having similar problem ? Have you found out what is wrong ?
    Steve Jordan
    -----------------------------
    Error 404 - Page not found

Sellerdeck V11.03 - Business - Actinic Payments -
    Sage Accounts 50 V16 2012 Sellerdeck Link

Acacia Masonic Regalia Masonic Regalia Masonic Forum

Steve this has been aired at least once before and was was my first fear i raised on this PPP. I don't know whether yours and the other problem are isolated or this is a failing in the setup. My own personal feelings are that very few have gone down this route, so the problems associated with it, have not been highlighted.

I have just tried a search to find the thread i was talking about and cannot, it is hidden in amongst the 113 other threads, most of which are total crap. This epitamises why the hell we keep badgering on about the same points with regards to duplicate posts.

I know for a fact that the guy who reported the same problem, removed it from his site, i'm not sure whether it was ever reintroduced.

Sorry, not much help, if you're feeling brave, have a trawl through the threads off the search results, start with the ones with the most posts to start with. I think his username was nappyman, but don't quote me on that.

Comment

Hi Lee thanks for that although I'm not sure where it leaves me. I am thinking of reverting back to PayPal website payments standard which is a shame as PPP gives lower rates, but it least it works and wasn't costing me money !

I found the thread you mentioned :

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...light=nappyman
      Steve Jordan

Comment

I am thinking of reverting back to PayPal website payments standard which is a shame as PPP gives lower rates
        Might be a wise idea for the short term. i expect it will get sorted eventually but there are still loads of bugs to fix in V8

Comment

I don't think it is working correctly Steve and as such i would remove it immediately, manual reconciliation is just laughable for something where so much thought and time has been invested into building the integration.

PPP has just been a big flop so far IMO, they'll get it sorted though, i'm confident that many lessons have been learnt since the launch of 8.5.1, hang in there.

Comment

Progress with PPP ?

I have just had a conversation with Toby (who was very helpful) at Actinic Support re the ongoing PPP problems.

He has now 'escalated' my original concerns re PPP and has promised to keep me imformed with e-mails today, and, hopefully come up with a solution today.

I highlighted the problems which are :

1) PayPal account holders are not charged shipping
            2) If paying by CC/DC customer details are not passed to PayPal
            3) The shopping cart is confusing as to the different payment options

Here's hoping !

http://www.acaciamasonic.com
            Steve Jordan

Comment

Nappyman here, the original shipping problem guy!!

A couple of issues came up when i first contacted support regarding these problems. Firstly no one really had a clue about PPP. Secondly i was told it was my shipping set up which was wrong. I was then told a lot of my PPP problems were due to having a shared SSL, not a dedicated one.

Interesting fact to mention at this point is that when Actinic have been marketting PPP no mention is made of needing a SSL, and when questioned your told you can get a Actinic Shared SSL. When questioned about this they say the Actinic one is the only one configured to work with the PPP set up.

I agree whole implementation is pants, support on this is pants and the best option is keep well away from it. We are keeping PP but not pro on the site and am currently signing the forms for Streamline through the FSB which is a wonderfull way of getting it a little cheaper.

PPP brands your site paypal and to be honest i think it looks a but tin pot. Im glad i removed it and now looking forward to something a little "Proper"

Lloyd
              Lloyd Hawken
              www.nappies-direct.com

Comment

Having waited for what seems like ages, and after a promising start when Actinic support agreed to have a look at this, I am afraid I am no further on, except I have been sent a .gif button with 'Pay using debit or credit card' to add (without any instruction' to my cart/checkout pages.

I am told that Actinic cannot pass the details of the buyer (name, address etc) to PPPro at the moment ' but this has been added to the 'wish list on my behalf'.

They are still looking into why customers paying with PayPal Express Checkout are not charged shipping.

All this and I have noticed more and more abandoned carts since implementing PPP, and to make matters worse I cannot revert back to PP Website Payments Standard as customers have bought using PPPro !!!

Dissapointed YOU BET !!!
                Steve Jordan

Comment

Ahh PPP

As a note to the above comments, I had a email from Paypal last week stating that they would increase the percentage rate on transactions as I do not have express checkout on my site!

I then spoke to a number of people at PP who have said they will look into the technical problems, and came back and said there is no problem as they see it as PP has been fully integrated by Actinic. So be warned, PPP is going to end up costing us more time and money.

I agree PP is a useful tool, as people do like to purchase with it (about 10% of transactions) but alas the whole integration thing has been a right pickle as far as i am concerned (if you wish to substitute pickle for less polite terms then go ahead!)
                  Lloyd Hawken
                  www.nappies-direct.com

Comment

As I understand it if you use PPPro you get a rate reduction of 1% on a sliding scale - the more you put through PP the rate lowers - if you remove the link for PP Express Checkout you would then be charged PP Webiste Payments Standard rate which is 1% higher.

I think that I have now solved the problem with the shopping cart and PPP - as you say you problem is not with PP. I have made some mods to the layout and as a result went live using the amended layout two nights ago, whilst my sales had dropped drastically, as a result of using the 'old' Actinic supplied layout, I had an order within minutes, and it has been a sucess as sales have risen - it is too much of a coincidence for me to blame a lull in sales, and beleive it was down to the layout etc.

Just one problem remains, that is customers using PP Express Checkout are not being charged shipping - Actinic are working on it at the moment ( I say moment as they have been working on it for well over a week ! )

Have a look at my website and see what you think - constructive critisicm thankfully recieved

http://www.acaciamasonic.com
                    Steve Jordan

Comment

Express and Shipping

Actinic have apparently been working on it since the 8.5.1 patch came out with the PPP integration on it as thats when i first reported it as a problem...
                      Lloyd Hawken
                      www.nappies-direct.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nappyman
                        Actinic have apparently been working on it since the 8.5.1 patch came out with the PPP integration on it as thats when i first reported it as a problem...
                        Might be way off the mark here as I don't know much about PPP/PP Express but, could you not, temporarily, alter the way your website charges shipping (sorry, Stephen!) in order to get the charge through to Paypal Express?

I suppose it depends how much of your business is being affected by it..but, if it's a high amount, could you change the set up of your shipping so it adds it through the products as a handling charge instead?

Perhaps Actinic would do a better job passing the total over if it was done this way?

Just a thought anyway..not sure if that's feasible...maybe someone else could advise?
                        Tracey

Comment

Luckily it's only about 10% of sales the remainder going thro' credit/debit cards via PP, so I'm not too concerned - what bothers me more you would have thought that Actinic saw this problem before telling everyone that it is compatible with PPP ?
                          Steve Jordan

Comment

Working...
                          X