Paypal payments not reconciling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal payments not reconciling

Having just gone live on a Version 7 to 8.5 upgrade at the weekend we are finding that all Paypal payments are not reconciling within Actinic.

Any ideas on what this could be and any remedy?

Many thanks

Jason
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

Paypal payments are not reconciling within Actinic
    what do you mean by this?

Comment

I am not getting the callback from Paypal and the payment is not showing on the OCC Sessions (the little script for checking orders that was on the boards a few years back)

As a result Actinic doesn't send the e-mail with the order details and leaves the order in pending.

Kind regards

Jason
      Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
      Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Have you checked you have the correct settings on the Paypal control panel for call back?

I think Bruce has posted the correct settings somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby
          As a result Actinic doesn't send the e-mail with the order details
          this has been happening with every single one of my paypal orders lately. I assume you mean a copy of the customer email? I haven't had a paypal paid one for weeks. It usually just means the customer didn't click to return to merchant or view receipt but, happening 100% of the time, there must be something amiss, I think.

Originally posted by Buzby
          and leaves the order in pending.
          This, of course, should NOT be happening. I assume you are getting Paypal's "notification of payment received" emails?
          Tracey

Comment

Version 7 up untill Saturday night 100% Success. V8 from Early hours Sunday 100% failure.

Thanks Jo, Will look even harder this time.

Kind regards

Jason
            Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
            Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Hi All,

Can you check a few things please...

In PayPal on your Control Panel you should check if within 'IPN Preferences', the IPN is off and the IPN notification URL is empty.

Auto return should be turned on.

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Bruce, did you see my request on the sticky PPP thread to document call back info?

Comment

interesting...my auto-return was turned off (had to dig around for it..it's under "Website Payment Preferences", if anyone wants to know)

[EDIT] OK, it won't let me turn the auto return on without specifying a Return URL. What should this be? Presumably it should be the receipt page? How do I set that up here?
                  ps I will search the forums on this..but the reply is relevent to this thread
                  [/EDIT]
                  Tracey

Comment

ok..searching didn't give a concrete solution here! (although lots of varying advice!)

Bruce, it's not possible to switch the Auto Return ON without specifying a return URL and, supposedly, that return url has to meet Paypals' criteria (basically, it has to be a receipt page) although I see from searching posts that many people use their homepage here.

What's the recommendation? Because I (and most likely my customers too) am not receiving ANY copies of customer order emails presumably because none of my customers are being directed (automatically or otherwise) back to my website.
                    Tracey

Comment

Jo,

I did see the thread and am putting together some info along wiht the correct data so that it answers unasked questions.

Tracey,

Use .. http://www.YourURL.co.uk/cgi-bin/os000001.pl

change Script ID to suite.

Kind regards,
                      Bruce King
                      SellerDeck

Comment

hmmm..ok done that
                        no problems getting a receipt page...but still no customer email (to me, as a customer) or customer copy email (to me, as a merchant)

Clicked on "Done" at the bottom of the receipt page and was returned to the store front.

But STILL no order received email of any kind.
                        The only thing I have to indicate (as a buyer) that an order has gone through, is the paypal email.

[EDIT]

ok...I have JUST received both customer and copy emails. after 5 minutes??

Is that normal for a Paypal/Actinic email?

At least they arrived...better late than never!
                        Tracey

Comment

ok..timeline

13.01 Catalog order received email..
                          13.02 Paypal Payment notification email
                          13.09 Merchant copy of customer email
                          13.16 Customer order received email

My emails download every 1 minute...is this kind of delay normal?
                          Tracey

Comment

Cannot say about the delay there but this is how it should go

13.01 Catalog order received email.. - Sent when customer goes to PayPal
                            13.02 Paypal Payment notification email - Sent on completion of payment
                            13.09 Merchant copy of customer email - Sent on hitting the done button
                            13.16 Customer order received email - Sent on hitting the done button

The delay in receipt between the last two I cannot explain, but they should be done together.

Kind regards,
                            Bruce King
                            SellerDeck

Comment

yes, they should all happen pretty instantaneously, I'd have thought

Thing is..I sat on the receipt page for some time to see if it would generate an "order received" email WITHOUT hitting "done"

Will it (should it)? Because I'm sure a lot of customers probably don't see that button

Either way, at least I'm now getting an email..I haven't done for months!
                              Tracey

Comment

Working...
                              X