Problem with Javascript List of Sections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Javascript List of Sections

Our site sells ink cartridges and as I mentioned in a previous thread, we create a section for each manufacturer and a further subsection for each printer. Our site has always had the links to each printer's page in one long list but it is tiresome to scroll down so far. I wanted to group the links to different printers' pages based on series, which looks nicer and makes more sense than a simple two column layout.

I managed to get it working, but I have a different problem. I am using dummy sections to separate the links, but these subsections are being included in the Javascript arrays containing name and URL data for all the sections in the site. I am referring to the Act_section_tree_names.js and Act_section_tree_URLs.js files. These Javascript files are important because I use them for custom drop down boxes on the search page.

I unchecked the "Include in Site Map" option but it makes no difference to this problem. Does anyone know if there is a way round this? Is there any way to alter the routine that automatically generates the Javascript?

Thanks,

James

You can't really alter the generated files.

However it should be possible to alter the code that uses these files to skip the entries you don't want.

Another approach would be to use Actinic's built-in PHP to generate a file containing your own data structure. See the Advanced Guide for "Advanced List Functionality" for some examples.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
    X