Rounded edges and border

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rounded edges and border

Hi. I am currently using the executive theme for my website, and I was wondering if anyone knows how I can put a border around the edge of the page and make the edges appear rounded - quite similar to http://www.lloyds-furniture.com Is this something that's easy to do?

Thanks,
    Tom

You can do it in a couple of ways ... the linked site use tables (nasty) but using the executive you can simply introduce the image as part of the background image in the stylesheet

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Like most things Tom, it's easy when you know how. The fact that you are asking, probably tells us that it won't be for you. I'd suggest reading some tutorials on the web to grasp how it is done, we can then guide you if you get stuck.

Curved edges usually adopt a little graphic in each corner which gives the impression of rounded corners. There are other ways, however that's the most common. If you select the smart theme for example, you can see how it is formed in the sidebars - you get top left, top and top right images etc.

Comment

I've got my rounded edges on the top now. How do I give the whole page a border and have a white edge around the whole page?

Comment

If you study the source code of the website you have mentioned in your first post you can find out how they did it.

You can view a pages source code by going to View | Page Source

This is the bit of code you want to study:

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="11" cellpadding="0">

<tr>
          <td align="center" valign="top">
          <table width="363" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">....
          Basically it is nesting a table within a table. You set the first table with a width of 100%, place a row and cell in it. Give the cell a "center" alignment. Then add another table (which will house your page content) inside this cell. Your website will then appear centered on the page with white borders left and right if the screen size is large enough.

Tip: You learn the best by studying other peoples work and fiddling around with it... get under the hood and learn by trial and error.

Comment

Simple

create a table (3 rows x 3 cols)

draw an elipse and slice it into 4 segments.

add a segment to each corner

sort out the width

JD.

Make sure the canvas of the elipse matches the desire page bg colour.

Or you can use css for fluid borders but that is another post...

Regards
            Daren
            Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
            Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
            X